HARMAN alias ILFORD

Have a great holography link? Post it here so we can all use it.
Martin

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Martin »

http://www.harmantechnology.com/DotNetN ... fault.aspx
We have previously manufactured holographic film, under the name ILFORD Holofilm. However, there was insufficient demand for this material in the early 1990’s, and it was discontinued. If enough users were to require a holographic film, a successor to Holofilm could be introduced.
Kaveh

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Kaveh »

Great to see there is a possible alternative supply and the technology of the Ilford film is still available. I remember doing some tests on the film when it was first launched, at the time I was in Icon Holographics, in central London. Those were the days.....
JohnFP

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by JohnFP »

I wonder what the demand would be for plain gelatin coated plates or film in which DIY'ers could sensitize with silver or DCG?
Danny Bee

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:I wonder what the demand would be for plain gelatin coated plates or film in which DIY'ers could sensitize with silver or DCG?
i remember the film is soft enuff. the way i remeber testing it is soak it in water and run it thru IPA and hair dry it and it comes out milky....also john for your information kodak ortho film 6556 type 3 will do that too, so its a good test material for DCG
Ed Wesly

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Ed Wesly »

Soemtimes memory makes the past better! The old Ilford red film wasn't that much different than Agfa 8E75HD; maybe a bit less noisier, but nothing to write home about. Certainly not significantly brighter.

On the other hand, you could make Single Beam Reflection holos with their blue/green film, which was impossible with Agfa 8E56HD. But the blue exposures weren't really bright.

The reason is that Ilford, and Fuji, just didn't take a big enough leap in grain size, being in that nominal 35 nm size like Agfa. Ditto for the Slavich PFG-01. It really takes a big jump, like the BB/Colour Holographics group has done, to give us a truly significant improvement in silver halide materials. (I don't have any experience with the Gentet products at the moment, but from what I've seen they have done their homework, too.)

The bottom line is, that if you were to wring out the best performance in Agfa 8E75HD, Ilford SP673 (I think it was called), Fuji, and PFG-01 making a single beam reflection hologram of the same object, you could see some difference, but none that would be earth-shattering.
Kaveh

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Kaveh »

Ed, you have an encyclopedic memory!!
Hans

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by Hans »

I wonder what the demand would be for plain gelatin coated plates or film in which DIY'ers could sensitize with silver or DCG?
Filmotec sells that stuff,. It's quite good actually.
LloydLippe

HARMAN alias ILFORD

Post by LloydLippe »

Hans wrote:
Filmotec sells that stuff,. It's quite good actually.
Where can we get it? Link?