Holography World Records?

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

I've tried to find any world records in holography for holograms (smallest, biggest, most expensive, ect.). Guinness apparently doesn't keep any records on this subject and I get everything but what I want in web searches. Does anybody keep those records?
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

DrOutlier wrote:I've tried to find any world records in holography for holograms (smallest, biggest, most expensive, ect.). Guinness apparently doesn't keep any records on this subject and I get everything but what I want in web searches. Does anybody keep those records?

I'm sure different people have bits and pieces. Sounds like a good subject for a wiki article.
zipsister

Post by zipsister »

While a research fellow at Strathclyde Uni, Glasgow in the late 1980's I made a 15 metre x 1 metre hologram in a special camera I built that enabled me to expose the film, 50cm square at a time of white light transmission portraits (60 in total). I processed the entire film as one length. I used a mop and bucket and mopped the developer, stop bath, bleach then washed it in a bath. Unfortunately while checking the reference beam prior to exposures I was interrupted and I later discovered that I did not replace a light baffle near the reference spatial filter. On image reconstruction I found there was a diffraction pattern on each face. A hard lesson so scrapped it and put it down to experience. At the Holocenter, New York in October, 2007 I made a 9 metre x 35cm hologram showing 30 portraits exposed in another specially built camera. See my website: zipsisterholography.com.
Hoping to go back there this year to make another 9 metre hologram.
zipsister
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

zipsister wrote: At the Holocenter, New York in October, 2007 I made a 9 metre x 35cm hologram showing 30 portraits exposed in another specially built camera. Hoping to go back there this year to make another 9 metre hologram.
zipsister
did you apply for the AIR at the holocenter this year?
zipsister

Post by zipsister »

Yes. Crossing my fingers and toes.
Zipsister