Volumetric Movie showing this Friday, San Francisco

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
soundwave

Post by soundwave »

This is not holography but instead uses Volumetric Displays to create True 3D movies, integrated with music. The viewer sees a True 3D moving image, with 90 degrees of horizontal parallax.

Hologlyphics combines elements of holography, music, video synthesis, visionary film, sculpture and improvisation to create a unique new artform.

The Hologlyphic Funkalizer is a performance based video synthesis system, that displays moving true 3D images on a volumetric display, intertwined with music and spatial sound. It projects Glyphs, Hyper-Dimensional Chaos, Hyper-Dimensional Sacred Geometry, and Crop Spheres that animate and spatially transform into each other, controlled by unique sound sculptures, musical keyboards, and a control panel.

http://www.hologlyphics.com

Friday, August 1st, San Francisco:

Project>Soundwave series( 3 ) 8:00 pm $10

http://projectsoundwave.me-di-ate.net/series/

San Francisco Community Music Center
544 Capp Street @ 20th
San Francisco, CA

An all sensory experience your body and mind you will not soon forget. Nebraska’s sonic alchemist Jay Kreimer creates an audio spectacle with audience-triggered motion sensor sounds with 'Red Crickets, Blue and Yellow". Sensors, from modified burgular alarms, will trigger pre-recorded and solenoid sounds evolving in response to the motion of the people in the space given red, blue and yellow metal cricket clickers. Walter Funk orchestrates 3-D volumetric images from a custom-built volumetric video synthesis system intertwined with sound. The volumetric video synthesizer projects Volumetric Movies that animate and spatially transform into each other controlled by unique sound scultures and human movement. Jay Kreimer and Walter Funk will discuss and demo audience-interactive motion sensor technology follow performances.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Hey, if this is who I think it is, welcome aboard!

Good luck on Friday with your parallax barrier funkadelic-ness.

-g
soundwave

Post by soundwave »

Hi Gregg,

Thank you very much, yes the Funk is in the house. The recent run of volumetric movie events this summer went very well.

Glad to see you are here, we all are moving this volumetric starship forward together.

Cheers,
Walter
BobH

Post by BobH »

Sorry to have missed it! I was sitting at O'hare all day waiting for a flight, then sitting all the way back to San Jose. Please keep us informed on all your upcoming performances or displays, and welcome to Holotown!
favalora

Post by favalora »

BobH - Funny, small world. I spent most of Friday at O'Hare. Ah, "weather in Chicago."

Walter - Welcome!

-g