Off-Topic

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
JohnFP

Off-Topic

Post by JohnFP »

Why is the last post locked? It is in the Off-Topic section and is....off topic. Are we to narrow off-topic subject to holography? Kind of defeats the purpose of having an off topic section. The fact of the matter is Danny loves to debate and try to spread his beliefs and opinions on the world but then wants his posts deleted. As long as the discussion remains civil it is healthy to hear others' opinions.

I personally see government, environmental factors, conservitivism and off topic discussions as subjects indirectly but none the less related to holography and technology. Make no mistake, the world will be much different in 25 years then it is now. And we are all part of it.
Danny Bee

Off-Topic

Post by Danny Bee »

Hey John :D
Good to see you back, I shure do miss your posting :(
How are you doing?, what have you been up to lately? :)
JohnFP

Off-Topic

Post by JohnFP »

To be honest, we had a sudden death in the family and I had to travel to Italy with my father for a week. But we are fine, thanks.

I think it's aobut time to start talking about the holographically impossible, so we can start some good dialog. I have a few ideas I will post shortly.

I sure do hope I can get into the lab in the next week or so...
Danny Bee

Off-Topic

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:To be honest, we had a sudden death in the family and I had to travel to Italy with my father for a week. But we are fine, thanks.

I think it's aobut time to start talking about the holographically impossible, so we can start some good dialog. I have a few ideas I will post shortly.

so sorry about your loss, life is at time so hard, I will remeber you in my prayers.

I found a source of Triphenyl dyes to use with DCG, your going to find this really funny but the dyes used in the paper on triphenyl dyes is the same used in kool aid blue #1 and red #40
Kool aid holograms funny hunn. i use 50/50 iso to seperate the dye from the Kool aid and added salt to sperate the water from the iso leaving the iso and dye
Dutchelm05

Off-Topic

Post by Dutchelm05 »

I happen to agree with John in that there is no off limits to subjects (well maybe not warcraft). As long as we remain respectful to one another. Although we sometimes can't maintain this idea even on holography issues. :D
I think it is important that we don't just know each other as holographers, but as people and citizens of this great country. It is our nature to argue about the current events that surround us. How it relates to hologrphry? It doesn't, but we are part of a group and I think and should be able to get off our chest anything we wish (within limits). Limits being IMO, what and how you would say something to your grandmother or child, meaning direct and honest but with respect.
I personally don't care to share political views with most, but do not wish to restrict others that do.
But I do think Tina Fey is pretty hot :)

John I too am glad to see you back, you were missed!
Colin Kaminski

Off-Topic

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Hi John,

Sorry about your loss. If you need anything send me a PM.

I have intended the off topic section to be for science related topics outside of holography. I have seen the forum blow up talking politics and I am not looking for a repeat. There are few enough of us to alienate anyone. It is very difficult to read someone's meaning in a post when feelings are involved. For now I would like us to observe the same rules that one uses when chatting in a bar. (no politics and no religion.)
JohnFP

Off-Topic

Post by JohnFP »

For now I would like us to observe the same rules that one uses when chatting in a bar. (no politics and no religion.)

okey dokey!
Danny Bee

Off-Topic

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:To be honest, we had a sudden death in the family and I had to travel to Italy with my father for a week. But we are fine, thanks.

Its been hard for our family too, I was so afraid I was going to lose my wife, she was battling Grave desises "hyper active Thyroid", the doctors had to kill the thyroid with radioactive iodie. It was a very hellish 2 years. She is ok now but has to take thyroid subliment for the rest of her life. live some time sucks! :? But it does make you look at things and priorities a little diffrent :shock: . Again is so good to see your back and we can still play in holography
Dutchelm05

Off-Topic

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Best of good health to your wife Danny. Yes you are right, it does change your perspective. Holographry is a nice refuge from lifes more unpleasent aspects.
Peace my friend
Tony