Facebook for Holographers

Have a great new article on a science related topic? Post it here!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I noticed a lot of holographers have facebook pages. To make it easier to find each other I started a group called "Holographers". Please join in.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Cool. I may not be your first member, but I'm the first poseur holographer member.

g
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

:)

It is nice to put a face to the name. Thank you! Andrew Pepper has the distiction of being first.
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Joined.

Friend invite sent.

I'll hunt around some and see if I can figure out how to join the "holographers" group
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

Sweet.

Now we just need to get some more hologram photos posted.

The Facebook thing seems like a great opportunity to introduce the general populace to what a hologram really is. Let's get some great photos up and really knock their socks off! :D

My two little 'grams are getting lonely there, guys :wink:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

We need a logo as well...
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

I may have an idea for our logo.

I've been thinking about this for a couple days now and wandered down the path of several schools of thought - initially I pictured something iconic - instantly recognizable, like perhaps the standard Laser Danger symbol or something, but then remembered that a member of this forum uses that already as their avatar and it wouldn't be the height of originality, nor would it be specific to holography...

So then I began thinking maybe something universal to holography - universal without being generic...
So I sez...
I sez...
I sez...
What does every setup, big or small, have somewhere in there?

A beam splitter!

Colin, judging by your animated avatar, you know how to make/host/post an animated icon thinger...
How about a logo that cycles between a splitter dividing a green beam and one doing a red beam?

I am on the cusp of getting my table put together, and in the next few months or so should be able to contribute a swell shot of the green laser beam split. Maybe someone with a red laser could kick in a red beamsplit and our icon could cycle between the two...?

That's my idea.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Wow, I just started facebook and found lots of family and friend on it already. I think I have 30 friends and haven't even started yet.

For a logo, why not use the HologahyForum logo?

I will add some holo shot on the holographer facebook album soon.
BobH

Post by BobH »

This forum, Facebook, Myspace, Ning, Holographersgallery, and on and on and on........ :? :roll: :|

Am I alone in wishing all these were combined into one? Is it all about who runs it, how they're moderated, what ads are on the side?
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

We should. And we will call it "My Face"