First reflection image

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Sergio

First reflection image

Post by Sergio »

This is a first image of a photopolymer reflection Denisyuk image of a coin that is replying at somewhat "gold", I'm trying to take better photos..

Photopolymer used: SM650T with a 650nm diode laser.

The system is really capable of recording high frequencies of reflection images but we designed it as tramission due the not high index modulation obtained. Transmission images can achieve real 75% DE!

Emulsion thickness: 50um, only fluorescent post exposure: 15 min, no liquid development, exposure energy: ~20mJ/cm².

Last edited by Sergio on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MichaelH

First reflection image

Post by MichaelH »

20uJ/cm²
Is that correct, or should it be mj?

If you've increased the sensitivity that much, I'd be interested in more samples.
Sergio

First reflection image

Post by Sergio »

MichaelH wrote:
20uJ/cm²
Is that correct, or should it be mj?.
Corrected to 20mJ, :wink:

If you've increased the sensitivity that much, I'd be interested in more samples.

The sensitivity is related chemically with the dye bleach upon light exposure, I'm measuring the actual sensitivity to less than 5mJ/cm²; there is field to achieve speed better than PFG03M, but usefull for Denisyuk's.

MichaelH

First reflection image

Post by MichaelH »

Sergio wrote:Corrected to 20mJ, :wink:
I was afraid of that.
Sergio wrote:The sensitivity is related chemically with the dye bleach upon light exposure
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. How is it related?
I'm measuring the actual sensitivity to less than 5mJ/cm²; there is field to achieve speed better than PFG03M, but usefull for Denisyuk's.
You're measuring the sensitivity at <5mj yet the polymer requires 20mj of energy for correct exposure?
Sergio

First reflection image

Post by Sergio »

Sergio wrote:Corrected to 20mJ, :wink:
I was afraid of that.

Sorry, would be a miracle :D
Sergio wrote:The sensitivity is related chemically with the dye bleach upon light exposure
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. How is it related?

When the dye bleaches (as it receive photons) it "capture" the light energy, then it is chemically stored to promote polymerization. As fast the dye bleaches more intense the polymerization.
I'm measuring the actual sensitivity to less than 5mJ/cm²; there is field to achieve speed better than PFG03M, but usefull for Denisyuk's.
You're measuring the sensitivity at <5mj yet the polymer requires 20mj of energy for correct exposure?

This is the ACTUAL new batch sensitivity for transmissions, matter of fact the coin was overexposed, so the exposure is in the correct range. Transmission holograms require this exposure level (depend on emulsion thickness).