Blue Lasers!

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Colin Kaminski

Blue Lasers!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Here is a AR+ laser for a pretty good price. Add an etalon and you can shoot all the DCG you want!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80960&rd=1
eric343

Blue Lasers!

Post by eric343 »

But how are we going to get 3 phase power at home?
JohnFP

Blue Lasers!

Post by JohnFP »

You can build a 3 phase generator. It has been discussed here before. Mine used to be simply a three phase 5 hp motor running off of single phase household power.
Or you can get your local electric company to drop you a three phase service, but two services cannot be fed to the same building. So you will need to build a small building or stand alone garage to get the three phase service. If you have a stand alone garage you are half way there.
eric343

Blue Lasers!

Post by eric343 »

JohnFP wrote:You can build a 3 phase generator. It has been discussed here before. Mine used to be simply a three phase 5 hp motor running off of single phase household power.
Or you can get your local electric company to drop you a three phase service, but two services cannot be fed to the same building. So you will need to build a small building or stand alone garage to get the three phase service. If you have a stand alone garage you are half way there.
Isn't three-phase service seriously expensive? (I've heard figures of $2000/km away from the nearest 3-phase transformer)

So yeah, a generator is probably the best way to go... it would probably need to be run off a 220v "washer/dryer" outlet, though.
JohnFP

Blue Lasers!

Post by JohnFP »

eric343 wrote:Isn't three-phase service seriously expensive? (I've heard figures of $2000/km away from the nearest 3-phase transformer)
Well, at first they wanted to charge me $5,000 US to install the three transformers up at the pole but persistance and about 9 months later they did it for $1500 US.
eric343 wrote:So yeah, a generator is probably the best way to go... it would probably need to be run off a 220v "washer/dryer" outlet, though.
Yes, 220 - 240 dryer outlet. It worked quite well. I had it that way for over a year. The 3 Phase motor only cost $150 at a local electric service company. They had the things lying all over the place. Really easy to set up too.