old world holographer and D-19

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

after talking w Alec at Intergraph ,i ordered some VRP-M film ,he also agreed that the JD-2 developer is similar to D-19 kodak developer,this also works very well with red films. i was doing a search and i found this guy selling the stuff for three dollars per bag (i had to buy three!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V
Tony

Post by Tony »

I've found D-19 works very well for PFG-01 and 8E75. I use it diluted 1:1. I have a gallon bag of powder that I've used for almost a year - I mix the powder thoroughly, then measure out 2.75g for 1 liter of developer. The last time i did this I noticed the powder had turned slightly brownish. The developer still works fine.

In comparison to JD-2, I think the Jd-2 might be just a very slight bit better for reflection holo's on PFG-01. For transmission holos, the D-19 is just fine, reusable, and cheap.

I'll probably stock up from this guy...
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Darn, adding in shipping and even accounting for local taxes, buying from him only saves me about $1