WANTED- Chiller for Spectra Physics 165 w/265 PS

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Flow rate should have a critical value where the flow stays laminar until a cutoff velocity when the flow will suddenly become turbulent. Why not make a radiative cooler? A truck radiator outside with a fan might provide enough heat disipation!
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I want to thank eveyone for their input. That's what makes this board so valuable.

Colin, A radiator might work 9 months out of the year when the outside temperature is low enough but another worry, that I am not sure of is, how stable is the ION laser when the cooling water changes temperature by a couple of degrees? Will it mode hop?

I think to start, so I can get the lab moved, is measure the distance from the water supply to the new location of the laser and buy that much hose. I may even increase diameter. Then connect that length of hose right to the laser where it is and see if it still provides enough flow rate. At least then I can be up and running unil I find a deal on a chiller or make one.