Want to buy: Liconix 4240PS Power supply

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
GooeyGus

Post by GooeyGus »

I'm still holding out for a little bit in hopes of a power supply! Someone's gotta come through for me :D :D
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

GooeyGus wrote:I'm still holding out for a little bit in hopes of a power supply! Someone's gotta come through for me :D :D
i know, i know, i have been watching for you as well, sooner or later it will come, so untill you get your power supply
are you in holo-hold mode?
GooeyGus

Post by GooeyGus »

Hi everyone,
I finally got a new supply!! it cost a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I have it. Also when I got it, it worked great and the next day one side died!!! I was sooo frustrated, I was about to give up on this thing.... haha. But then it would work intermittantly, and as long as it fired it would stay on until I turned it off, but then wouldn't work when I tried to restart it. Long story short, it took me a week but I traced the problem down to the PWM card on one side of the PSU. I went to my 'for parts' power supply, pulled a card out and popped it in. It works good as new now!

Anyway, my question is that I'm only getting around 20mW of output (this is a 4240N, dual discharge head). I know it needs to run, I've put about 30 hours on it now and aligned the mirrors but I'm looking for some tips. I know there is a pot to adjust the cadmium pressure and I'd like to experiment a little bit, but I have no idea as far as which pot does what. Does anyone have some tips for me? Also, is there a shunt I can use to test tube voltage? Thanks!!