Green SLM 100 mW Adlas laser for sale! Nice!

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi,
Lasersam and I are offering a very high quality German made DPSS frequency doubled 532 nm Nd:YAG laser for sale with guaranteed SLM output. This laser has been stored for over 10 years and looks almost new. The output after warm up is 100 mW in a single longitudinal mode and very stable. This laser is the predecessor to the Coherent 315M-100 laser we all know and love and works the same way. This a lab style laser with a key with supply that cost over $25k new. Our price is $2K (including shipping to the USA for forum members). We are also repairing a second unit that should be available shortly. Take a look at a picture of this nice low usage DPY 315II-100 system here:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/sale/dpy315-1.jpg

Contact me through this forum or call me at (813) 974-2378 at work. Phil Bergeron, 142laser, e mail at:

pbergero@cas<dot>usf<dot>edu
DPetreycik

Post by DPetreycik »

Hi,

This system looks real nice, and I have two questions:

I was reading about the ADLAS DPSS lasers on Sam's website and he mentions controlling/monitoring them with a PC via RS232 as well as a DOS/Windows executable. Is this required, or is it a turnkey, stand alone, system... with an OPTION to control/monitor via RS232?

I have seen photos of ADLAS lasers that have a cooling fan attached to the heatsink, which is in turn attached to the head. Does your system have a similar configuration (vibration is the main concern)?

Best Regards,
Don Petreycik
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Don,
Thanks for your interest! The laser is a turn key lab laser and does 'stand alone" with no PC required unless you wish to change the power setting. After swuitch on it takes a few minutes to warm up and then a ready light on the controller box lights up. It is then locked in a single longitudunal mode with very stable power output. The head does have a heatsink with a built in fan but that is a very low vibration and small; just enough to move fresh air by yhe heatsink slowly. Sam can't enen hear it of tell that it is on. These should be great for holography and are very high quality German made units. My home phone is (813),996-5114 and my lab at USF Physics is (813) 974-2378 Have a nive holiday. Phil 142laser
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

hey Phil did you ever sell the other repair/unit? as im looking for an additonal power supply.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

These are serial number matched to their supply. Both coarse TEC adjustments are in the supply and the middle box has a microcontroller similar to the 315M series. If you are the guy bidding on the head/controller on e bay that would be good spare parts but I doubt you will be able to just find a supply and make that work. Buy a dual TEC/diopde driver lab style supply and make a cable. :) I will be selling the other laser; still boxed up...poor thing. Best, Phil
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

142laser wrote:These are serial number matched to their supply. Both coarse TEC adjustments are in the supply and the middle box has a microcontroller similar to the 315M series. If you are the guy bidding on the head/controller on e bay that would be good spare parts but I doubt you will be able to just find a supply and make that work. Buy a dual TEC/diopde driver lab style supply and make a cable. :) I will be selling the other laser; still boxed up...poor thing. Best, Phil
Thanks Phil, as i have one complete unit and now this additonal purchased head , i thought if i could locate another power supply, i will have two woking units ........... you know two heads are better than one :naughty:

PS i see Ben was bidding on it too
142laser

Post by 142laser »

So you bought that Adlas on e bay for $177? Even for just parts it may be worth the cost. I know a guy in Europe that has one doing $150 mW+ for~$2K. Good luck; Sam told me "DO NOT BUY THAT-WE DON'T WANT IT" when he saw the head/controller on e bay. I was tempted. :) Phil