532nm 1/2 waveplate for trade ............

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

I have a few glass 1/2 waveplates to trade for any "home made hologram" these retarders are sealed in glass and do not have AR coatings, combined this with a polarizing cube, and it will make a very good variable output beam splitter. please PM with interests

Phil is correct in his following post!

I'll even include two waveplates (for two different holograms), so now you can rotate your beam as it exits the beamsplitter ! :doh:
Attachments
15x15mm 532nm 1/2wp
15x15mm 532nm 1/2wp
waveplate1 (2).JPG (222.08 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
15x15mm 532nm 1/2wp
15x15mm 532nm 1/2wp
waveplate2.JPG (225.61 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
Last edited by dave battin on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Dave,
Even with no polarizing beamsplitter cube these will rotate the plane of polarization of polarized 532 nm lasers leaving the laser in place. If you rotate the optic by theta the axis changes by twice that angle I believe....1/2 turn would sweep it all the way around. Good to have. :)
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

oooooo cool i want one dave :angel:
Justin W

Post by Justin W »

they look great D!
Still got any?
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Justin W wrote:they look great D!
Still got any?
Heck yes! i have a bunch left to sell , if anyone want to buy one @ $22 each send me a PM,and by the way, they also work in the 632 range too ............

ps that includes worldwide shipping too.

follow this link to buy it thru paypal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... d=10763759
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

the above link is dead ,but i always have more 1/2 wave plates to offer , just PM me here on the forum. hey Ron did you get a chance to try out your new wave plates and polarising cube?
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

dave battin wrote:hey Ron did you get a chance to try out your new wave plates and polarising cube?

Hi Dave,
Not yet. I had the mail held while I was away and still waiting for the big delivery. Can't wait to get them tho. They will definitely be a BIG help. No more having to rotate my laser every time I switch from shooting H1s to H2s. Also, much thanks for the on-site tutorial on shooting DCG. I showed the holos you gave me to a very appreciative crowd of in-laws to accompanying oohs and ahs.

Ron
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

O.K. Waveplates and cube received. Thanks Dave. Will try them out as soon as I can.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Dave, do you have any recommendations on how to mount the waveplates? I need a way to hold them and still be able to rotate them about a central axis. TIA.

Ron
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

hi ron, an easy and cheap version is to using only two 3/4" PVC fittings , get a union type fitting and a matching threaded plug,
drill out a 3/8" hole in the plug, and tape your waveplate to threaded plug and insert into your mounted(on a post)union fitting, i think you get the idea. Its too bad as i just discarded the one i made a few years back, a picture would do wonders now!