Safety glasses for red lasers

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Hugo_C

Post by Hugo_C »

Hi guys, anyone know where can I get safety glasses or goggles for red lasers?

Thanks

Hugo C.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I should have put a pair in the box; I will see if I have any more. I hope the laser is behaving. Best, Phil
Hugo_C

Post by Hugo_C »

Thanks Phil,

the laser is working great now, I getting up to 40 mW when is warming up, then drops a little to 36 mW for normal operation, I shoot already some holos with that but I didn't have a chance to take some pictures and post them due to I have only a few days off this time, when I come back I should post some.
btw, I saw some glasses on e-bay but I kiend hessitating because I dont know the sellers and this one is a safety item, :think: I don't wnat to take any chance regarding with my eyes, I saw the ones on integraf also, I just want to check all my options first.

Regards,

Hugo C.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hugo,
I would go with OD 2 myself. With OD 2 you can still see a little red light but you are safe. If the laser output 100 mW and you looked directly into it you would get a 1 mW eye hit-no damage. With 40 mW you can safley stare down the bore and get 0.4 mW max in the eye. If you buy OD 6 you will not be able to see what you are doing! You will not wear them and it will be a waste of money. It sounds like the laser is working as I told you before shipping. Good. It is capable of 40 mW or maybe 41 with mirror tweaking. Best.
Hugo_C

Post by Hugo_C »

Thanks Phil I will check on some

Regards,

Hugo C.