Light it up with Green!!!

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Greetings Holo Nerds and Laser Lovers!

I have been selling lasers on the forum for a couple years now but have never really had such a good selection as I can offer you today. I have many SLM green lasers from 10 mW to 400 mW and also high power Helium Neon both brand new and used. New JDS 1145P/1218 Systems at 75% off list price with used 1145P/1218 systems available for considerably less. And don't forget that 1 meter class 35+ mW HeNe's are no problem-ready to ship. My packing is always good and the laser inside the box even better. :) I am not aware of even one unhappy customer and if one comes forward I will make whatever it is right. Here are the latest two lasers that I have dug up and that Sam has tested:

Adlas DPY 425 II green 532 nm doubled Nd:YAG laser 400 mW of SLM TEM00 output @ 532 nm. Feedback stabilized to hold constant power after warm up. Computer control of output power with RS232 and a terminal program such as ProCom Plus. This is a top quality product that was originally around $50K new. Condition of these lasers is 9.9/10.0 or better . Includes laser head with fan cooled heat sink and controller. Plugs into 120VAC or 240VAC. This laser is similar (output wise) to a huge 315M but takes longer to stabilize. These two lasers (and the DPY 315II I have for sale doing 90+ mW also) are the second generation Adlas green laser product released right before Coherent acquired Adlas (just after Adlas had introduced the 315M third generation product). I have tested laser #1 for many hours and it is sweet. Sam has tested laser #2 and I will be testing it soon also (these are way cool laser toys).

Adlas DPY 425II #1 Rated 400 mW, capable of 525 mW at 100% power. Tested to be nearly pure SLM, 5,725 hours, excellent condition, $6K + shipping

Adlas DPY 425II #2 Rated 400 mW, capable of 425 mW at 70% power. Tested to be about 90% SLM, 650 hours, fiber coupler and shutter options, excellent condition, $6K + shipping

Here are some links to Sam's for sale page and pictures:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/sal ... 5II-1h.jpg

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/sal ... 5II-1c.jpg

Phil Bergeron, 142laser, (813) 974-2378 (work) or (813) 996-5114 (home after 8 PM EST)
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Here fresh off the press so to speak is the newest section of Sam's Laser FAQ describing these DPY 425 II Adlas diode pumped doubled YAG lasers. The pictures and description are of the laser for sale here (laser#1). The pictures don't show scale well...the supply is near rack width and the laser head is really heavy. :) Not your typical DPSS green laser; note the dual cables for two independent pump diodes. How short would your exposures be with 300-400 mW of SLM green? The laser idles at over 200 mW....hell 50% power is 250-270 mW. Phil, 142laser Take a look:

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/laserscl.htm#scla425
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi,
The second Adlas DPY 425 II laser is about 90% SLM and has the factory electronic shutter and fiber couplers options installed. I had it running at 410-430 mW set at 77%. When locking I have seen over 1/2 watt green from both lasers. Laser #1 is almost perfect pure SLM and I have had it locked at over 500 mW. See the original post for picture link. These lasers last a long time. The one with 5,700 hours on it works slightly better than the 650 hour unit. Both lasers are available at about 10 cents on the original dollar and exceed original specs. :drool: Phil

PS Lasers like this are why Coherent bought out Adlas. If you can't beat them...buy them. Works well if you have the cash.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

"Let me be clear..."

These are 400 mW SLM green lasers; one is pure SLM and the other 90% or more SLM. TESTED BY LASERSAM AND THEN BY ME; BUY WITH CONFIDENCE. :) Anyway they are laser nerd masterpieces...a real laser for the laserist or professional holographer. Come ON! :) Phil, 142laser 8)
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Who needs a SLM green laser? I have about every power level available from 10 mW to 400+ mW all well tested and certified SLM on a scanning interferometer; no worries! Ask me; I may have it. Phi lBergeron, 142laser, (813) 974-2378 (work).
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Green single longitudinal mode lasers-ready to ship and tested by lasersam and also my me. 10 mW to 1/2 watt output...who needs a green holography laser? :) Phil 142laser
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Greetings Holography Geeks,
Now that I have your attention...I just listed these two 400 mW SLM lasers at Laser Resale after leaving them up here for a few months with no serious offers. The laser with 5,700 hours on it runs slightly better than the 650 hour unit so this shows that these dual pump diode lasers can really last. Laser #1 is PERFECT SLM and outputs 250-300 mW at 50% diode power and 1/2 watt full out. No, I am not kidding. :) So trade in that C532 ring laser or 315M-100 and buy the big green one. Phil 142laser, USF Physics Department, (813) 974-2378 :drool:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Is this the Adlas DPY 425 II?

Can the fan be mounted separately from the head?
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Colin,
Yes this is the Adlas DPY 425II. I have two of them by some weird stroke of fate; I was looking at one and found another. I am a real sucker for Adlas green lasers; the 315M's parents and grandparents. :) Most are pure SLM. The DPY 425II laser with 5,700 hours has almost perfect SLM and the one with 650 hours is at worst 90% SLM. Some lock powers are cleaner that others but none are absolutely perfect like the higher hour laser. My recommendation for holography would be to simply make a 1 minute fan off delay box. However...yes I am sure some cheap duct and a little work and you sure could remotely cool this laser with the fan well away; I had not thought of that! Good idea! Put a thermometer on the heat sink and watch it is also a good plan. I just jammed the probe into the fins. When you get ready for a shot or to check vibration hit the button to shut down the fan. A simple manual switch could be used but that is risky (overheating the laser is way worse than burning a pizza). They are older DPSS lasers now but have been well cared for. The 5,700 hour unit was apparently run at 50% for life doing 250-275 mW. That is where I would set it but it is fully capable of 450-500 mW locked SLM. The 650 hour unit was taken out of service after a little over a year. It would not lock but lasersam (Sam Goldwasser) fixed this super complicated multiple board controller laser with no schematics in about an hour. He of course wrote all the Sam's FAQ repair guides including the Laser FAQ so miracles are now routinely expected. :) I told him to fix it and half an hour later he says the laser is locked at 450 mW. :) I bet the original owners would be so pissed...it was majorly expensive new. The problem was simply a bad connection on a TEC board where it plugged into the socket. The laser like new with 608 hours on it was stored all these years in the original packing then repaired by Sam. I don't think you will find better examples of the DPY 425II lasers; these are really like new. We really do have many nice green lasers for sale now with no worries about the laser being a POS. :) We test them well! From 10 mW to over 400 mW it's all 532 nm SLM. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this information. Phil 142laser (813) 974-2378
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

Too bad you didn't have these last year, I am still happy with the Compass you sold me. On the other hand, if you had this kind of power (or even 100+mW) in the blue...