Coherent Compass 315M-150 Laser Heads/Power Supplies

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

I have a pair of BRAND NEW 150mW 532nm Compass 315M laser heads for sale. They are literally never used at all, still have the plastic cover and anti-static foam. Both were made in Feb 2009. I want to get $1500 each for the heads.

I also have 2 stock Coherent Vicor power supplies for the analogue controllers, they have the fancy attached power cord with shield and DC output wires with connector. I want to get $300 each for these.

142laser

Post by 142laser »

The lasers look nice and if indeed new should last about forever for a home holographer. Unless defective these should also be SLM. Be aware the digital controller boxes you may see on e Bay do NOT power the laser heads; they are merley a computer interface to control the analog controller box with a PC. You still need the analog controller to power these as well as a DC supply. See sam's Laser FAQ fior all the details. Phil 142laser
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

Exactly correct, these require an analogue controller to run. I have the Vicor DC power supplies for the analogue controller if you want a fully stock Coherent system.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Anyone have a spare analogue controller for one of these C315 heads?

Please PM me.

Thanks

Jem
DJ Mathson

Post by DJ Mathson »

Jem,
There are at least 10 controllers on ebay right now.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Wow :shock: what trash can are you checking in? :angel: I think I want to go north and go dumpster diving :)
Jem

Post by Jem »

DJ Mathson wrote:Jem,
There are at least 10 controllers on ebay right now.
I'm in the UK (Ebay.co.uk) and there aren't any listed there. However, i've done a search on Ebay.com and all I can see are 'digital' controllers which will not work without an analogue controller, see Phil's (142laser) post above.

Jem
142laser

Post by 142laser »

This is correct confirmed by lasersam. Phil
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

These are not trash, they are not failed units, they are not scrap. These are legitimate systems which came from a local company.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

OK so they are in spec and you will accept a return if they say lase on two lines or are not pure SLM right? Both of these defects CAN occur but are quite rare and the chance of two lasers having these isues are almost impossible unless two were rejected out of say 200. I bet they are 100% perfect. :)