Coherent Compass 315M-150 Laser Heads/Power Supplies

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

Is there a chance that they will make full power and not be SLM?
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Slim to none; these are SLM lasers.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Laser Ben wrote:Is there a chance that they will make full power and not be SLM?
the coherent 315m have been tried by many of us here and make very good silver and DCG holograms and have great coherence length.... i did a trans holo (h1) and my wall and cabnet next to the table was a clear as can be.......
Jem

Post by Jem »

But does anyone have an analogue controller ???

I'm trying to do a deal with Ben for one of these heads as I have someting that is useful to him. However, the head is of no use without a controller :)

Jem
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

is this the controller you need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-COHERENT-COMPAS ... 4cef219e26 ......

hey Ben do you have the harness the connects the head to the controller? it looks same as 215/315 harness
142laser

Post by 142laser »

That is the digital controller which is simply a cpmputer interface box for the analog controller; iot will NOT power the laser head! See my previous post warning about that. Where the analog controllers and cables went is anyones guess. Phil
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i wasnt really interested in the 150 unit , i just saw it listed and didnt want you maniacs to miss it :twisted: LOL
Jem

Post by Jem »

Does anyone know whether the C315 heads will work with a C215 analogue controller?

Jem
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I think the 215M controller is missing one TEC driver but I will ask Sam to confirm; it might work but not to spec. Not sure...ask Sam! Phil
Jem

Post by Jem »

Thanks Phil

I've put a similar post on Usenet, hopefully Sam will see it.

I also did wonder whether or not the heads were matched to the controllers and whether there would be issues with stability running them mismatched.

Damn!, if only Ben had got them with the controllers as complete units this would have been a whole lot easier :roll:

Jem