Coherent Compass 315M-150 Laser Heads/Power Supplies

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Laser Ben wrote:These are not trash, they are not failed units, they are not scrap. These are legitimate systems which came from a local company.
Sorry Ben ,... I just wish I had your resourcefullness when I was your age, Just slow down and remember your customer always come first, so do your best as if your packing it for your self to receive. :)
142laser

Post by 142laser »

The packing on the Sapphire 488-20 head Ben sold us was good and the laser data (hours, power output etc) was included. Good deal; I will test tomorrow and if SLM it will eventuelly show up here for sale. Thanks Ben.
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

142laser wrote:OK so they are in spec and you will accept a return if they say lase on two lines or are not pure SLM right? Both of these defects CAN occur but are quite rare and the chance of two lasers having these isues are almost impossible unless two were rejected out of say 200. I bet they are 100% perfect. :)
I don't want to offer any guarantee on the SLM-ness of them, I have no way to test it, and I don't want to guarantee anything until I can test for it. Until I can find a driver to test it with, I am not going to guarantee anything about the heads other than they are new.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

All Coherent 315M lasers up to and including the 150 mW models are SLM unless defective. So to be clear you mean the laser is not returnable if it does not work peoperly? If new from a local company that did not need them the laser should be perfect and be around 200 mW at full current pure SLM. Returnable for refund less shipping if bad or no?
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

142laser wrote:All Coherent 315M lasers up to and including the 150 mW models are SLM unless defective. So to be clear you mean the laser is not returnable if it does not work peoperly? If new from a local company that did not need them the laser should be perfect and be around 200 mW at full current pure SLM. Returnable for refund less shipping if bad or no?
I am guaranteeing it to be in working condition, however like the Sapphires, I will not refund for MLM only. If I find a way to test them for that, then I will warrant them for MLM, but not until I can actually test.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Laser Ben wrote:
142laser wrote:OK so they are in spec and you will accept a return if they say lase on two lines or are not pure SLM right? Both of these defects CAN occur but are quite rare and the chance of two lasers having these isues are almost impossible unless two were rejected out of say 200. I bet they are 100% perfect. :)
I don't want to offer any guarantee on the SLM-ness of them, I have no way to test it, and I don't want to guarantee anything until I can test for it. Until I can find a driver to test it with, I am not going to guarantee anything about the heads other than they are new.
we can teach you how to do simple testing
142laser

Post by 142laser »

This is your laser sale and your choice. I myself would warranty the head for SLM also; it is spececified to be that by Coherent and very few heads that have passed QC inspection have non SLM output. If not SLM is is defective. For holography this is THE issue. Best, Phil
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

142laser wrote:This is your laser sale and your choice. I myself would warranty the head for SLM also; it is spececified to be that by Coherent and very few heads that have passed QC inspection have non SLM output. If not SLM is is defective. For holography this is THE issue. Best, Phil
so true , must have some way of testing to see if its a true SLM output, other wise it become another junk laser on the shelf... with no use except a light show
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

Danny Bee wrote:
Laser Ben wrote:
we can teach you how to do simple testing
I would love to have a way to test my lasers for SLM. Would be very useful for stuff like the Sapphires.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I bet it is fine; that is why I think Ben might consider offering assurance that if it is not SLM it can just be returned. 199 out of 200 are pure SLM and the one that is not is probably close. These are great green lasers.