single frequency blue lasers - 488nm

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Paulos

Post by Paulos »

Listed by two different(?) sellers
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOVALUX-488nm-BLUE- ... 53e18a183f
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOVALUX-488nm-BLUE- ... 414fd4ca3c

May be a candidate for color holography or DCG.
Depicted as single frequency - 15mW, but seller only guarantees that a laser beam is emitted.
( "Our Warranty is for laser to lase and you see laser beam. We do not warranty any specific specs. " )
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

yes i see a bunch appear on ebay today. (green too)... sam says they were very unstable. i have purchased one and will test asap (upon arrival)!
holo_cyware

Post by holo_cyware »

In the specs they specify 2 TEC's and so on. But no ring design.

No ring no joy...
Paulos

Post by Paulos »

holo_cyware wrote:......No ring no joy...
Not necessarily.
Although no ring, C315Ms are perfect for holography, super stable with a coherence length of many meters.

Stability might be an issue though.
Dave, please report your results on the forum.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

These lasers are problematic and the sellers are known rip offs. I myseld bought one some months ago and sent it to Sam. He was able to get it working under 10 mW, not reliable and never tested it for SLM as it was too flaky to keep. These are 5 mW spec lasers or most of them are. Save your money for something good. If you do buy one...good luck! Phil 142laser
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

These were tested by the company I worked for last year. Most of the ones we tested did not work, and I don't recall any making rated power or not having some issue.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Thanks Ben, that is certainly the real truth. Well speken! Phil
Laser Ben

Post by Laser Ben »

142laser wrote:Thanks Ben, that is certainly the real truth. Well speken! Phil

I should say, we tested everyone for them as part of a contract we had with them. So everyone of these units has been tested and was marked with functionality on the power supply and head, the fact that they don't have labels means that they took them off because of the poor performance figures.
opticsislightwork

Post by opticsislightwork »

Does the Novalux 488nm laser really need a VGA connector between the power supply and head which carries 4 amps and is rated at 80V? If so, where would you find such a cable?
Thanks
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

opticsislightwork wrote:Does the Novalux 488nm laser really need a VGA connector between the power supply and head which carries 4 amps and is rated at 80V? If so, where would you find such a cable?
Thanks
i purchased one of these lasers and i could not get it to lase, i sent it back along with my cable, he fixed it (he says)and returned it to me, it STILL didnt lase! so back it went and the full refund is now on its way........ im not so sure about this seller!

ok so long story short i have an extra 1' VGA cable that will work, PM me and we can work out the details...........

PS Danny got one and it works fine? so go figure! :wall: