Want To Buy: Optics

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
indigital

Post by indigital »

I'm building my first setup using "Homemade Holograms" by John Iovine and wanted to ask everyone here if anyone has any of the following available before I speculate exactly what I need at Anchor Optics, who are not too helpful. I am looking for:

-DCX or PCX in 9 and 12mm FL
-DCV in -8mm FL
-Beamsplitters in 9:1, 1:1, and 3:7 (or a cheap variable beamsplitter)
-3 spherical mirrors
-Cheap spatial filter (homemade is ok too)
-BB plates
-jd-4 developer

Because I am a beginner I am open to suggestions for sizes and focal lengths because the book isn't very comprehensive in this area. However, I am using the "Homemade Holograms" book and I will be following all the instructions in there.

Thanks,

Brandon
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I have a nice new condition variable beamsplitter that would work. It is 3" diameter and 0-2 ND on a stepper motor mount but you can just turn it manually also. New or like new$250 including shipping to the USA. Phil 142laser
bernardb

Post by bernardb »

Hi Phil,

Do you have a picture and specs for the beamsplitter?...I am curious... 8)

Thanx!

Bernard
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Bernard,
It is fused silica so can also be used with UV but you don't care about that. The fused silica and UV capable indicate high quality substrate and coating though. This was a spare part for an instrument and you can power it with a stepper motor driver or just turn it by hand. It is 3" diameter and 2.4 mm thick. I can send pictures. $225 plus actual shipping for you.

So how is the Lightwave 142 doing? Any serious problems? How many hours have you put on that laser since you bought it? Iahev an upgrade for you if you are interested. A 400 mW Adlas...pics are available from the for sale page under Light it up with Green! Best, Phil

PS If the 142 is still working great I will give you $3K in trade and all the hours you used it are free.
indigital

Post by indigital »

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I'm still in the market for all the components listed in the original post in order to build a holography set-up, I have a budget of a few hundred dollars for everything or the essentials to get me started.

thanks,
Brandon