Hexcel table top for sale

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

I've got a 42"W x 60"L x 6"H table top up for grabs. It's made of a hexcel sandwich between sheets of steel and is extremely rigid. It would be an excellent table for someone with a concrete foundation. It's usable even on wood as long as you're willing to use a remote shutter control.

The height given is actually the result of stacking two layers on top of each other. I will gladly sell the two layers separately. Either alone will still make an excellent surface on which to make holograms if placed on a ground floor.

The full make log is here http://holography.dragonseye.com/images ... 110008.jpg and a more concise paper I wrote on the process is available on Building a holography table with Hexcel

Here's a picture of one of the many holograms made on this table

The total weight is about 400lbs

Asking $800 + shipping (local pickup would be better)

No reasonable offer refused.

Post here with questions, email me with offers. No PMs please.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I got to work a little on this table and it was very stable even on a second floor. Aiming mirrors and aligning optics was very easy. Magnetic mounts worked well.

You are not giving up holography are you?
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

I'm afraid so. I just don't have the time or the will to spend the time it takes to do holography on the 2nd floor. Moving to the garage or another location isn't possible and holding on to the equipment until some other venue opens up will probably mean tying up a room doing nothing, forever.

I'll be posting For Sale's on the rest of the equipment fairly soon.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

:(

I'll keep an eye out. I seem to always need spatial filters.