445 nm laser diodes UK/Europe

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
salvee

Post by salvee »

Most of us not living on Mars will have heard about these lasers. I'm thinking of buying a projector to harvest the diode lasers and would like to get a feel for the numbers that i'd be able to sell to the UK and Europe. Price will be around £55 (~70 Euros). Please PM me (including your location ) if you'd be interested.
a_k

Post by a_k »

That's a lot you are asking Salvee. Those LD's go for around half that price.

$40 is a more realistic number.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Yes think twice about this as the prices have been dropping weekly and these guys (on the holography fourm),are not interested yet, untill they see them make a hologram ............ :pray:
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I plan to test on ewith a scanning interferometer sometime soon but also the beam is not TEM 00 even if by some miricle it is SLM. Sure beam optics may help make it look more uniform buit a beam profiler would tell the truth. Even if SLM some points may on the hologram be over or under exposed as the beam is not uniphase. Having said all this I am paying to have a laser built to play with. :) If it tests SLM I will probably sell it here ready to use; I just want to play with one for awhile. Phil 142laser
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

these diodes are running SLM and show coherents! I have a test prototype unit up and running unit and will be testing it for holography later this week............ so stay tuned!

i have included a picture showing the stable fringes i got with at with laser set @250ma (35mw output).........
Attachments
445nm fringes2
445nm fringes2
CIMG6824.JPG (209.84 KiB) Viewed 12091 times
445nm fringes1
445nm fringes1
CIMG6836.JPG (205.59 KiB) Viewed 12091 times
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Dave,
The fringe contrast looks good in the picture; what is the path length difference? Phil 142laser
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

That looks to be a single beam. I hope not...
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I am hoping the shot is the output of a Michelson type interferometer setup. The fringe contrast looks good but hey you can do that with an Argon Ion laser if the path length difference is close to 0 meters. What is the path length difference in the photo Dave? Did you try to move one mirror to see if there was a limit to the coherence length?
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

It's nice to see those fringes. As Dave suggests, the next step would be to try some holograms.

If you have a reliable blue laser in the 442 to 488nm range, DCG holography is pathetically easy, far simpler than using silver.