Coherent 35mW HeNe Model 31-2140-000

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi all

I recently accquired a couple of high power HeNe lasers. These are both new 'old stock'.

I have no use for both of them (that would be greedy :lol: ), so i'm putting out feelers to see if anyone on here is interested in one of them before I put it up for general sale elsewhere.

It's a Coherent 31-2140-000 rated at 35mW. It was manufactured in May 2005 and is still in the original Coherent factory packing. It also includes the lab style power supply complete with safety switch. The laser appears to be putting out well over spec, my Lasercheck measures it at 37mW and my Andover holography meter measures it at 46mW when set to 633nm. Neither of the meters is guaranteed calibrated, but i'm guessing the Andover meter is probably more accurate that the lasercheck as the lasercheck only seems to measure accurately at 532nm :roll: .

I will also include a very heavy duty adjustable lab mount that is designed specifically for the laser. This allows it to be mounted directly (and easily) onto a breadboard or other table. It is then easily adjusted for beam accuracy, height etc.

I'm not entirely sure what to ask for the laser, but i've seen them fetch between $1200 and $1500, and this being a nice shiny new one I guess it ought to be worth somewhere around the upper mark.

This is a perfect laser for holography :)

I can post some pic's video etc., if anyone is genuinely interested. Please PM me. One other thing... I would prefer this to be sold to someone in the UK, maybe even someone who could collect in person. I am prepared to send it to the USA, but i'm fed up of parcels being mishandled by various couriers, even when they are mega well packed. I usually ship by Fedex who I thought were o.k., but i've recently had a bad experience with them destroying a package so now I don't know who to use. Their insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on. So, if I do send abroad it is (sadly) entirely at the customers own risk. I'll do my bit and pack it well but once it leaves my premises I have no control over what happens.

Regards

Jem
142laser

Post by 142laser »

For $1500 it is a great deal. I have high power HeNe's for sale also but this is a great deal. Good luck! Phil
Jem

Post by Jem »

I could really do to shift this to raise a bit of money, therefore...

Price reduced to $1250

Cheers

Jem
Jem

Post by Jem »

I've just put this laser in the for sale section over on PL.

I've also reduced the price to $1100 + shipping costs.

Jem
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Someone here should wake up and buy it! Dam that is a good deal! A new $4,400 laser for 1/4 price? Long tube= long coherence length...nice for holography! I have 3 to sell so I am not buying it but hey people wake up! :) Phil