Tonights session

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Tonights session

Post by JohnFP »

Wow,wow,wow...Yeeeeeeee...haaaaaa!!!!

I made some plates, 4x5, and every one turned out great. I made holograms of the blox by Lenox Laser as I wanted to give them one as a Christmas gift. I tried 4 and 4 turned out very good, one good enough to give them, framed of course. I am not getting the blue streaks anymore. I think I have to thank Dinesh and Joy and their wonderful walk-thru while I visited him. I was always very timid in my drying with the blow dryer after the last alcohol bath. Now I am more aggressive and I can actually blow away the streaks. THANK YOU DINESH!!!

I will not go into all the detail unless someone asks but I took the next steps in a lot of techniques. I spun for 15 minutes instead of 2 to 3 minutes. Blew dry harder. And was actually able to vary exposure times but 5 fold each way as my first hologram tonight was excellent. Just to see what would happen. One important point was object to reference ration. On one hologram the emulsion did not go to the end of the plate, thus there was a part of the object that was illuminated through just the glass instead of through the emulsion and glass and that part of the object came out bright as can be. I will now persue additional object lighting and/or reduce the amount of ADC in my emulsion to allow more light to get through to the object.

I noticed now that my emulsion dries like a mirror, I mean at certain angles from the back it looks like a silver mirror. Very exciting, very exciting session tonight.

I even changed objects and got a great first hologram of my second object, an angel. Wish I had more time but next week is another day...LOL!

God bless you all, and may you find peace in every thing you do.