8 x 10 inch plates

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

8 x 10 inch plates

Post by JohnFP »

I think I will try and 8 x 10 plate next. I can set it on top of my spinneing rack and then make the rest of the plates 4 x 5 or 5 x 7. I will set up my table for the 8 x 10 and shoot 5 x 7's to work out exposure etc. then place the 8 x 10 in and see what I get. I will have to get some 8 x 10 glass. The one good thing about my plateholder is it can accomodate 4 x 1 inch up to 12 x 16. It is of my own design and uses gravity and a top bar to hold the plated in a vericle position wedged between 4 sets of 2 allen screw heads. 2 pairs of two on top and 2 pairs of 2 on bottom.

I will then make a 4 x 5 imaged planed from the 8 x 10 so that it has a large window. I want the image to be planed at the back of the object and the depth will be about 3 inches in front of the plate. I am going to do a hat hook with the entire hook in front of the glass. I might even put lettering at the top that says, "Hang you hat here". If it comes out bright it will have a nice effect.

Hopefully next Friday. No session tonight!

What are you other holographers doing?