Member links

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
paintedsheep

Member links

Post by paintedsheep »

The site is just kinda irritating. I just want to see the pictures, I don't want to spend an afternoon trying to figure out how to do it.
A website can be considered public domain.
It is supposed to exist so that the general public can view it. (Is that not why you created the site?) You should make it as easy as possible to view.
Colin Kaminski

Member links

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Hi Matthias, I added the link. I like the tutorial. I really like how simple it is and does not try to get bogged down in details. It will be a great overview for someone who does not want to make a hologram but is interested in knowing a little more about it. I am very interested to see more of your bench when you get time to add some photos. (Like I should talk I have not borrowed a digital camera in over a year.)
Sergey

Member links

Post by Sergey »

Thanks for the invitation, Colin.

I hope, Holography.Ru deserves place among existing links.

Unfortunately, I'm not a frequent guest of your forum. My projects take too much time as well as usual business. I'll try to do my best to be a real member of this community.

Best regards,

Sergey Zharkiy (author and editor of Holography.Ru)

P.S. Additional thanks to Sergey Vorobyov (coauthor, technical director, expert on holography).
Colin Kaminski

Member links

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I think http://holography.ru is a great resource for all holographers and I would love to provide a link to a personal page you have. Do you have a page with a bio and some work?
Sergey

Member links

Post by Sergey »

It seems, Holography.Ru is mostly my personal page Please don't consider this as a bragging. I really did about 90% of work of this site, including many articles and all of technical work + design. The galleries include several my holograms, including recent "Reflections".
The URL may be direct link to the educational section "About holography": http://www.holography.ru/holoeng.htm
I think, I'll prepare a page with my bio, the page of my partner Sergey Vorobyov does exist:
http://www.holography.ru/spveng.htm
I don't mind, if the link won't be included. Obviously, our web site is partially commercial, so the link may look like advertising. Thanks anyway.

Guillermito

Member links

Post by Guillermito »

I don't think there will be any copyright problem. From my own experience, I have pictures of my holography collection on the web since probably 1995 or 1996, and never had any problem. On the opposite, some holographers thanked me because I was sending them a lot of potential clients through the links, doing free advertizing for them

Guillermito

Guillermito

Member links

Post by Guillermito »

>Obviously, our web site is partially commercial, so
>the link may look like advertising. Thanks anyway.

Sure, but it's a great site, with ot without the commercial part. Maybe we could do two categories in the links, like "amateur holographers" and "professional holographers"? Or just one category, but with a small sign like "Here you can buy holograms".

By the way, I know some people, especially in the US, are sometimes afraid to buy stuff from a country as far away as Russia, but I just had positive experience with holography.ru. I bought two or three holograms there (although not recently), and they are very professional.

Guillermito

Kaveh

Member links

Post by Kaveh »

I think you have done a great job to produce the 3D model of the holographic process. People understand best by looking at such pictorial presentations, rather than reading text. Can I ask what you used for modelling and rendering 3D? How about an animation walk-through?
Kaveh

Member links

Post by Kaveh »

Colin. Just thinking that my web page has nothing holographic on it, so it is not really relevant. Why don't you remove it for now. It will be an incentive to put some holography on, then we can put it up again. Thanks.
Colin Kaminski

Member links

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Kevah, I am more interested in having people establish a face with the posts than showing work. I hope you will let me keep your link. Perhaps the link will be your incentive to post some holography related info.