Cheap Mic. Objectives

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
bruce

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by bruce »

These folks have cheap unused spatial filter/microscope objectives for sale.

http://www.surplusshed.com/

Bruce
JohnFP

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by JohnFP »

Excellent find!

Thanks!
JohnFP

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by JohnFP »

I bought 2-4x, 2-10x and 2-20x. Awaiting their arival. I will let you know on the quality all non-oil filled.

Question, anyone use oil filled objectives? Pro and cons?
bruce

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by bruce »

They also have rack and pinion microscope stages, heavy duty, new, which make excellent translation stages for variable linear beam splitters. I am going to try one for spatial filter mounting.
Thanks again to Colin as this source came from his page.

Bruce
Anonymous

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by Anonymous »

I bought one of the microscope stages a few months back and it works great for my variable beam splitter. I actually disassembled it in two parts and gave one to Michael which I believe is also using it successfully for his beam splitter.
Colin Kaminski

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I got to use Michael's beamsplitter and the adjustment was great! This is a really good idea. Thank you.
JohnFP

Cheap Mic. Objectives

Post by JohnFP »

I looked at one of the 4x's and one of the 10x's. The 4x was very very clean. The 10X was terrible. I did not try to clean either of then. I used them right out of the case. It may be all surface on the 10x. Unfortunately I was pressed for time in my session and only needed to use the 4x.