Tonight , tonight, wont be just any night

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Thank you! Yeah, it is almost time to start getting serious with my subject matter. I could have done this set up even better and may for my next session. So far 4 good out of 4. No green or blue streaks. The bottle and cap is almost white. For number five I am going to increase alcohol concentration in my second bath a little. I actually feel like I am beinging to understand how this stuff works and how to get that "crack" in the fringes at the end with the dryer to go from about 10 percent efficiency up to where ever it is, maybe as hight as 60 or 70 percent, just a guess. I am tickeled pink!
John Pecora

Post by John Pecora »

but the last one I did not use the mirror. I think the mirror reflecting light off the white card bottom realy helped illuminate the object, it is much brigher in the first four.

Colin, if you want one e-mail me with your address. I will frame it for you and they look really good in person.

Peace and good night!

Arturo

Post by Arturo »

What else can I say?
kaveh

Post by kaveh »

Well done John. Beautiful results. There is so much DCG knowledge on these pages now.
Michael Harrison

Post by Michael Harrison »

that's fantastic John.

While I like the mirror a lot, the last one seems like the best one for the product. I find that I spend more time looking at the vodka bottle than I do being mesmerized by the background.

Then again, if people end up standing in front of the mirrored hologram longer, that might be the better one from a marketing perspective.

In either case, they all look great!
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I am so encouraged now. I put a lot of work into taking additional steps to fabricate, expose and process DCG correctly. I feel I am real close. Now I can concentrate on subject presentation. I am amazed at how bright the bottle came out because it is frosted translucent blue glass. I will be re-working the bottle hologram. I now want to see if I can get it better. The rainbow effect on the mirror and card reinforced what Dinesh stated about broadband hologram and distance from the plate. I am also leaning toward going back to 5 x 7. The bottle would be more wholely visible. Funny thing is, yesterday I made 8 plates and was going to expose the best 5 or 6. All the plates came out great as far as coating. Then because every one of the 5 holograms turned out to my liking I had to use the settle time inbetween 3 and 4 & 4 and 5 to strip and clean glass for cover plates. I only had three cleaned. How was I to know I would (reproduce results). Yes sir, I am very encouraged.

Dinesh, now I really want to try the rocket as we discussed.
Mark Cavin

Post by Mark Cavin »

very good looking holos!! You are selling me on this DCG. Do those come with a holographic hangovers?
Mark
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Verrrry nice! Welcome to the DCG club! I know it took a lot of hard work and a lot of wrapping your mind around the problem.

"Dinesh, now I really want to try the rocket as we discussed."
Let's do it! You find a rocket and send it to me. I'll play with it and you do the same. Then we can compare results.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Just a quick thought. Send me a rocket, I'll make an H1 and send it to you, the H1 that is. You make the H2 with some kind of background
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

You got it.

Hey I was reflecting on my relfection holograms and it wonders me why the pseudoscopic images always "seems" brigher? Do you or Joy have a notion as to why this is?