Tonight , tonight, wont be just any night

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

tonight, I will make d...c...g....holos

Plates made and sitting in the plating bench (I better not call it a laminar flow station as I am not sure I reached that requirement).

I am going expose some that I made, some from 2 weeks ago and some from the PCGGI.

I hope they turn out cause I am using a mirror and downloaded my Uncle's logo and flipped it inside out and upside down so it can be viewed correctly in the mirror. The logo is behind the object and you can only see it in the mirror. Should be a nice effect.

Peace!
John Pecora

Post by John Pecora »

One downfall in making DCG plates is the time requirements. I make plates then have to wait 4 hours minimum. I don't mind making the plates but cleaning glass is a pain and waiting for the gelatin cook is a pain. Coating is difficult and drying requires a clean environment. So why do I like to make DCG......? Oh yeah, BECAUSE IT IS THE BRIGHTEST MATERIAL ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!!

Now if I could just get some holos and show off my handy work!!!

Michael Harrison

Post by Michael Harrison »

Hurry up!

---------------------------
If someone says it can't be done but they haven't tried it, don't believe them.
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography

Are you going to the next PCG Gathering?
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography/PCGGI.html
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Ah...hahahaha.....

Hurry/Patients is the one variable that can be controlled and needs to be monitored like a baby.

Good one thought!
John Pecora

Post by John Pecora »

100:14:2.5 is what I used tonight.
220mw expanded to a 7" circle
First exposure to be 15 seconds
Process
20 sec in Kodak rapid fixer with harderner diluted their recommended 3:1 for plates.
4 minutes in running well water wash.
20 sec in all alcohol baths with 2nd bath being 56 - 58 % alcohol.
Blow dry hard and hot.

Just some facts (actually doc. for me).

danny bruza

Post by danny bruza »

wainting to see out come........
danny bruza

Post by danny bruza »

wainting to see out come........
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Ohhhhh...Wow.
Processed as stated except 1 min in fixer and 4 min wash. Heated alcohol. 1, 2 and 3 at 86 Degrees f. and 4 at 96 degrees F. Blew dry and turned complety milky white and hazy. Continued to blow dry and got some steaks continues still and the whole thing cleared up after a good 5 minutes of blow drying very close <1 inch and movin constantly like you were trying to get the wrinkles out of a blanket. Harder and longer just off the creases (where it just turned bright). ALready made two, four more to go. The bottle is blue ground glass. Plates very clean, clear and even.

danny bruza

Post by danny bruza »

geat i idea with the mirror
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

This image may or may not help to sell Vodka, but it sold me on wanting to try MB DCG sooner rather than later. The mirror background worked out very nicely!