DCG and Humidity

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
John Pecora

DCG and Humidity

Post by John Pecora »

Well I have about 8 holograms hanging on my gallery wall (the cat hologram is in the kitchen) and obout 6 holograms leaning against the wall on a shelf just below the hanging holograms. I even have a nail for another hologram to occupy. I always turn on the gallery lights, at a minimum, when I am making holograms. Well I turned on the lights and every one of the 6 plates on the shelf that were not epoxy o-ring sealed are gone, vanished, disapeared, caaboootz.. .you get it.

So in Maryland with just the hair dryer method of finalizing a DCG hologram, expect the swelling to commence in May!

Not only the post here by "?" (knowledgemen to follow if he does not reply), but I have read in at least two papers that back gelatin decreases its ability to aborb moisture. In fact one of the papers, that I believe to be from a medicinal application, indicates that hard baking gelatin renders it brittle but not as sensitive to moisture.

I thought I would just throw that out there.

Come on 9:00 for firing up laser
and 10:00 for exposure one.