Logo!

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
Colin Kaminski

Logo!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I need a logo for the top of the new holography forum. If anyone would like to design it I will trade them an H2 4x5" Silver Halide hologram for it.
Mark Cavin

Logo!

Post by Mark Cavin »

Dinesh

Logo!

Post by Dinesh »

Did you get my email?
danny bruza

Logo!

Post by danny bruza »

flash
Colin Kaminski

Logo!

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am not sure. I am headed home and I will check there.
JohnFP

Logo!

Post by JohnFP »

I know we are growing and we want to make this page as aesthetic as possible but let me throw a point to ponder out there. Even though I am a computer geek I still have a 56K connection from home. And I am sure not everyone is up to broadband yet. So with that stated you may want to keep advertisements and graphics to a controlled maximum. The Integraf logo alone delays the page a few seconds. Too many "extras" and we may discourage some from coming back to the page.

Just my 2 shillings worth!
Dannybruza

Logo!

Post by Dannybruza »

i can make a the logo so it can have animation and come up fast on 56k modem i do it all the time, besides this need to be cutting edge...and pro looking too...if your going to do something i alway say do it right
danny bruza

Logo!

Post by danny bruza »

send it to me , il animate it a bit... and send it back for you to look at
JohnFP

Logo!

Post by JohnFP »

Not to disagee with you but I have to disagree with you. A simple animation in alone by itself may be fast, but combine it with other graphics and the rest of the page and you have a slower load. As I stated, just the Integraph ad itself make the page load slower then without it. I am sure you can get the animation to a minimum but ANY addition to the size of the page will cause an increase in loading time. And if you concider that a lot of poster here on this board are amatures and use their home computer and may not have a broadband connection then keeping the page quickly loadable is the right way of doing it. I only mention this and feel strongly about it because when I worked for high tech company, one of the main requirements in designing their web page was that it would load quickly no matter what bandwidth a user had.
Enough said for me!

Peace bro!
danny bruza

Logo!

Post by danny bruza »

(but combine it with other graphics and the rest of the page and you have a slower load) all the images wher optimisied there would be no problem.... i cruch web pages all day long to feed my staring cats