Latest session

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

Unfortunately I do not have a photo yet.
I made 5 5x7 plates.
In my first holo the object was very bright but too orange for me. It was not that the object itself was orange, the Vodka bottle came out near white but the color dispersion of the white card bottom reflected in the back mirror is such that orange was the predominant color taking up most of the rainbow which was behind the translucent bottle causing it to look mostly orange. At steep angles of course the color changed. I used side mirror which in itself is a very cool effect as you can see the "Orange Rainbow" many time when looking at the side mirror walls.
I changed the % of alcohol in my 2nd bath and got the next hologram to come out more white and a more even dispersion of color. Yellow was predominant but pretty even going to red or blue. But holograms 2 and 3 had a void spot in the emulsion which was coating related.
In my fourth the plate moved, dang unwanted fringes. I change my plateholder set up because of the mirrored box.
The fifth hologram came out beautiful, simply stunning. I will post some shots as soon as I can. 5 x 7, yessssssss.

Not sure of the void areas, I coated all 5 plates the same and I used the plates in the order I made them. 5 x 7 is a different animal. I also need a bigger and more powerful hair dryer. It took about 5 - 7 minutes to dry all the streaks out of each of the holograms. I was really afraid they were not going to "crack" but they did and the each of the holograms went from a very low efficiency to a very hight efficiency.

Peace!!!

Dinesh

Latest session

Post by Dinesh »

"I changed the % of alcohol in my 2nd bath and got the next hologram to come out more white and a more even dispersion of color. "
From what to what?
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

I went from about 62% to 52% alcohol.
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

I took the larger 5x7 Vodka bottle hologram to a framing shop to get it professionally framed. I should get it back Friday. I will set up the hologram and the lighting either in my Uncles office or the conference room and will take some photos. I will post the photos here if you wish.
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

I took the larger 5x7 Vodka bottle hologram to a framing shop to get it professionally framed and matted. I should get it back Friday. I will set up the hologram and the lighting either in my Uncles office or the conference room and will take some photos. I will post the photos here if you wish.
Michael Harrison

Latest session

Post by Michael Harrison »

JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

Well, I took the 5 x 7 to get professionaly framed and have not gotten it back yet. Hopefully early this week. I wanted to post a photo of the final presentation. And....my stinking phone line to my computer at home is faulty. I need to rerun the line. It is on the list. I will post a photo as soon as I can.

Thanks for asking!!!
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

I updated my home page.
JohnFP

Latest session

Post by JohnFP »

Thanks to DJ Mathson I have been able to get my photos closer to what they looke like in real life. Thank you DJ!
Kaveh Bazargan

Latest session

Post by Kaveh Bazargan »

Great picture of the fighter jet. What size is the hologram?

One suggestion: the file sizes of the photos are too big for the page. I suggest downsampling them, but good if they enlarge when you click on them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The holographer's home page:
http://www.holographer.org/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -