odd ball hologram purchased on Ebay

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i purchased this hologram for $25. Do any of you guys recognize the maker of this one. i looks as if its a transmisson holo........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3913183236
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

In my opinion it is a DCG reflection hologram. Clues to me that indicate this is
1.It is not a regular transmission as the replay is white.
2.It is not a rainbow transmission as the replay is white.
3.Because it is broadband(white) it seems to be a DCG hologram.
4.It does not appear to be imaged planed.
5.In the first photo, deep under the dogs chin, I see the spectral dispersion we have recently been discussing on this forum.
6.In the second photograph it appears that the lighting is with a florescent light or at least a florescent light was present. Thank goodness they had the florescent light running at a perpendicular to the hologram.
7.In the third photo it has the burn-in associated with DCG.

So I may be wrong but this looks to be a very cool, broadband, DCG, reflection hologram.
I have no idea of the creator.
I think $21.40 was a great price although I cannot see the "scratches" they mention.

Bob

Post by Bob »

I also believe it to be a reflection DCG, probably made by Holocrafts or General Holographics, both formerly in Canada and both gone now. I remember seeing those swivel frames briefly and thought they were well made. If I wasn't working furiously on a set-up, I'd have been bidding a for it as well, and would have gone a bit higher than you paid. Let me know if you'd like to sell it.
d a battin

Post by d a battin »

It seems to be in mint condition with no sccatches as described(the DCG emultion is streaked a little). thanks for the backround about it!
d a battin

Post by d a battin »

It seems to be in mint condition with no sccatches as described(the DCG emultion is streaked a little). thanks for the backround about it!
d a battin

Post by d a battin »

again i am looking for the maker of this one, i remember seeing a larger version in the Musuem of Holography in NYC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3715675552
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

This was a classic from the old days! Good find for your collection.

B.