Edible Holographic Candy...

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
Larry

Post by Larry »

Holograms made right in the candy itself!

http://www.lightvision.com/

Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

We have some in the lab. The next time you pop by we'll show you.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I poured some gelatin with no Ammonium Dichromate in it right on one of the shims I have. When I pealed it off you could see the hologram. I often thought I should contact those fruit roll up people and tell them this is the new Idea they are looking for.
Martin

Post by Martin »

"I often thought I should contact those fruit roll up people and tell them this is the new Idea they are looking for."

Maybe you shouldn't - see: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message? ... 1068205885
Bob

Post by Bob »

I recently opened the heavy foil wrapper on the holographic lollipops I have in my collection, and the images were gone! 8^( Now, do I eat the candy? Or do I keep them as a metaphor for the pictorial holography industry?
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

You're a braver man than I, Bob. I found them while doing some tidying up and thought of opening them. Decided I didn't want to know.

"Now, do I eat the candy? Or do I keep them as a metaphor for the pictorial holography industry?"
Considering it's over 6 years old, I suggest that eating the candy would make you a martyr for the pictorial holography industry.
Jeffrey Murray

Post by Jeffrey Murray »

Mine melted in the wrapper eventually, the hologram disappeared first, of course.
But the company marketing was one step ahead - they claimed the image was an
indicator of freshness.
Martin

Post by Martin »

"Considering it's over 6 years old, I suggest that eating the candy would make you a martyr for the pictorial holography industry."

You may hope for some DCG-like memory effect built into the candy structure.
Maybe you could reprocess them? To be on the safe side, you might still keep one item for the martyr thing...