fractal

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
Dinesh

fractal

Post by Dinesh »

I've posted the fractal hologram I made on Danny's gallery. It's not particularly bright because it was partly a test and partly just done on a whim, I didn't intend to get it particularly bright.
Dinesh

fractal

Post by Dinesh »

Bruce

fractal

Post by Bruce »

I've got about 5 minutes left to let the film settle and then it's time to push the BUTTON! First hologram in 15 years (I hope). Thanks to Joy and Dinesh for the loan of film.

Bruce
danny bruza

fractal

Post by danny bruza »

please share
Bruce

fractal

Post by Bruce »

Not bad, not great.... signal to noise isn't very good, not bright enough, can't really get away with single object beam the way I did it (exposure across the plate was nowhere near uniform enough) also need about 3 seconds instead of the 2 I used. Half the plate went dark at 3 minutes but not dark enough methinks and the other half did not have enough object lighting. Made a half assed attempt at post-swelling and got no shift at all. But.... there was a hologram there which is not too bad for the first try. Most of these problems are easily tuned out but what does concern me is noise (artifact).
Let the games begin!

B.
Bruce

fractal

Post by Bruce »

For stepping on your posting, the excitement got the best of me!

B.
danny bruza

fractal

Post by danny bruza »

hee hee have fun with you dinish
danny bruza

fractal

Post by danny bruza »

try to get 1 to 2 0r, 1 to 1....you can get very bright one i know ive done it
Dinesh

fractal

Post by Dinesh »

S'alright! I know how the excitement can get to you.
Dinesh

fractal

Post by Dinesh »

It was a fractal program. I can't remember the name since it was about 12 years ago, but you basically entered your equation and entered the number of iterations you wanted, or chooses a default, and it started the recursion. I think it was DOS based and I ran it on WIN 3.1, I do remember it took forever! Anyway, the final output was a BMP file from which I made the hologram.