Re:working with he cd at 446nm

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Re:working with he cd at 446nm

Post by JohnFP »

Well, first of all DCG single beam reflections are by far much better then silver on the average. Average is the key word. But yet again another confirmation of our differences. And the mirror that adds additional light to the object does not have to be supper clean. In fact it can be a regular mirror as it is secondary lighting. In additions and additional 5% lighting on an object increases the brightness by alot. I do not have mathimatical calculation on this only experience of when a part of my object was illuminated by light that only passed through the glass and not the emulison which contains a light restrictor, the AmDi itself.

Second, I like the very large windows I get with single beam reflection holograms. If I ventured into an H1 H2 set up it would require 8 x 10 at a minimum or 12 x 16 masters. Since I only want to do DCG and not get into Silver Halide I believe the row that I am hoeing is the best avenue for my work.

Peace,
John