New DCG emulsion supplier.

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Slavich calculates out to over 4 minutes with 200mw at 488 for their plates using an 8" x 10" spread beam. I shoot in 488 with 200mw with an 8" x 10" beam spread and only use 40 seconds for my exposure. Not sure if their plates are that hard to start or if they use an average because they claim their plates keep for a year.
DJ Mathson

Post by DJ Mathson »

That is interesting. For certain emulsions/developers you can use shades of grey to get different colors. It has been discussed earlier.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message? ... 1042689521
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

"Ok, again this drawing is not perfect but it portrays the idea. One day I guess I will invest in a real drawing tool like AutoCAD or something but for now, Microsoft paint will have to work."

AutoCAD is very expensive. I like SmartSketch for quick drawings. Most of the drawings I have posted to the forum are SmartSketch.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

It is very important to remember that this works best with no depth to the image. It relies on local shrinking of the emulsion. A great test is to take a large coin and paint it by hand and place it touching the film.