Newest Idea

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

Newest Idea

Post by JohnFP »

Ok, I have always wanted to do a fish tank that could be placed on the wall and looked like the tank was built into the wall. I think I have seen this before. But I have a fresh idea on the image. How about if once the hologram of the fish and coral and rocks are done that holographic plate is used at the front glass of a tank that holds water but is only 1/2 inch deep. Then in this small cavity behind the hologram you fill with water and introduce a couple of exhausts of air bubbles. The holographic tank coupled with the real moving air bubbles would give a great effect with nice depth but would still only be less then an inch thick and would be maintenance free except for the occasional addition of water. An aerator shown on the side would provide the bubbles and then entire holotank and aerator would be encased in a frame such that the aerator is not visible.

Lighting, ohhhh, the options of lighting could be increadible and designed into the back or sides of the frame also.

NOTE: the tank in the photo was burrowed from http://sandrasdecor.com/new/mailboxes/1 ... %20orders/

JohnFP

Newest Idea

Post by JohnFP »

How about different colored LED placed just over the water such that each color diode illuminates a differt part of the hologram (which is transmission) and may overlap in some parts of the hologram. Then entire set up would be wired for one plug in.
Dinesh

Newest Idea

Post by Dinesh »

This is nopt a bad idea. if you could place a rotating variable diffuser over the LEDs you might get the shimmering effect of water.
By the way Jeff Murray did something similar many moons ago. He bough the piece to Los Angeles (where SPIE was being held at the time) and unfortunately the color rendition did not survive air travel. Great piece, though, Jeff!
Andy Dean

Newest Idea

Post by Andy Dean »

This solution if plausible has other applications, but as with most of my Ideas I don’t have the knowledge or time to produce it. Is it possible to produce this as an edge lit hologram? The light source could possibly move across one edge (motorized light) of a thick glass or Perspex body which contains the hologram. If there is such a thing, as an edge lit stereo hologram the lights movement could make the fish animate?

What do you think?

Andy

danny bruza

Newest Idea

Post by danny bruza »

got the thick Crystal glass, and have done some shots...but nothing worth posting yet