Lippmann as security device?

This is a forum exploring Lippmann photography.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I wonder what is the film thickness necessary for an efficient Lippmann recording, could a thin photopolymer film be used? :D

Also a thin film sandwish that you pell off the reflective plastic part (the other firm adhered to surface) could be useful for security method. The question is: the Lippmann photographic is efficient?

http://www.polygrama.com
Martin

Post by Martin »

Sergio wrote:I wonder what is the film thickness necessary for an efficient Lippmann recording, could a thin photopolymer film be used? :D

I guess 2,5um would be a good starting point. And regarding the photopolymers, yes, that's something we've got to test...
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

So the dye concentration must be high enough for this thickness, with lamp light, fluorescent and sun light the photopolymer really "records" light interferences, so I do not see why not record a Lippmann.

A glass side maybe subbed with silane, then the polyester silver metalized sheet could be peeled off with no problem, seems the instantaneous "Polaroid Lippmann"... :lol:
jean

Post by jean »

Hello Sergio,

OK, I order 5 ml of your Polygrama panchromatic polymer !

By the way, do you know a source for the reflective plastic sheet ?

Thanks in advance.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

jean wrote:Hello Sergio,

OK, I order 5 ml of your Polygrama panchromatic polymer !
By the way, do you know a source for the reflective plastic sheet ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Jean, Martin know exactly the source in Europe, btw, I would include some pieces that has a "free surface" or the Al coating with no protective thing above it, you could easy verify with a Ohm meter.

Well I usually verified the polymer hologram formation with a tungsten light bulb... it forms a transmission "hologram" on the surface that is very interesting, would be very interesting make Lippmann images.