Museums in Israel

This is a forum exploring Lippmann photography.
Colin Kaminski

Museums in Israel

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Bill,

I don't get to read the Russian site all the time but when I do I read it with babelfish. It gives very poor translations but it is enough to get the jist of what is going on.

This link should get you started:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Bill,

I have made the reference to this branch in a Russian-speaking part. I hope who be will answer, while I am away. I use this translator http: // translation2.paralink.com/lowres.asp and I am surprised, how you understand me. Lippmann - Липпман
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Dear Alex,

Before your latest email I looked at the russian site again and by myself figured out how to spell Lippmann in russian, and also that you are not named in the pictures of people there.

But what are the pictures of experiments about??

I learned the greek alphabet when I was a kid because of my interest in astronomy (that is my doctorate degree), and gradually taught myself to sound out greek words, and to understand them in many cases because they are the roots of many english words. I then looked at russian and realized that it overlaps the greek alphabet too. I have been out of practice in both but now I will try to get back into practice so I can at least guess the subjects and names under discussion on the russian site.

An aside: my high school was really excellent back in the 50's and it hired a russian instructor. Many of my friends took it while I took latin and german. Then the russian teacher offered mandarin, but only to students who already had 2 years of his russian classes!

Some day I hope we can meet face to face..

BIll
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Dear, BIll

I tried to pass to all addresses specified by you. But on my way «magic number 13» has grown.
walschuler wrote:Some day I hope we can meet face to face..
I too hope, and consequently have started the strengthened studying English language.
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Dear Alex,

Do you mean you had problems trying to go those places? What happened?

I can say a bit of Russian: Strasvityah, dosphedanyia, spacebah,boyjemoi,da, nyet....I will have to learn more!

Bill
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Yes. I did not manage to see a Lippmann photo. There was not enough free time. That it is good to look city and successfully to solve such problems, it is necessary to have even 2-3 free days. In Munich I had only 3 hours of a free time, in the Vein – 4 hours. Therefore it is necessary to buy week round in one city then it is possible to be in time all.
walschuler wrote:I can say a bit of Russian: Strasvityah, dosphedanyia, spacebah,boyjemoi,da, nyet.
It is delightful! Thus, in our disposal there are three languages for dialogue: English, Russian and a sign language. We can meet! Write to me on sogok at mail.ru.
_Aleksandr_

Museums in Israel

Post by _Aleksandr_ »

Before your latest email I looked at the russian site again and by myself figured out how to spell Lippmann in russian, and also that you are not named in the pictures of people there.
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Hmmmmmm......Is there a question?

Are you planning a trip to Israel or the US???? Are you located in Moscow? I can't remember?

I send New Year's greetings and best wishes.

Bill