Museums in Israel

This is a forum exploring Lippmann photography.
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Anyone does know, are there in Israel the museums, in which are exhibited Lippmann photographs, or they can be exhibited? On the next week I will there be, and it does not be desirable to repeat the error, committed in Switzerland.
Thanks.
Alexander
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Sorry, Alex, I did not see this request until today. I know of no images in Israel. Did you find any?????

Bill
iHydra

Museums in Israel

Post by iHydra »

would you mind PM your MSN to me? thanks.

I want to know what is my ideal weight and how much weight has star jones lost and what is jennifer lopez's weight, hehe, they are also fat. can you give me the weight loss plans for teens and juice recipes for weight loss?
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

by Sogokon'A on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Anyone does know, are there in Israel the museums, in which are exhibited Lippmann photographs, or they can be exhibited? On the next week I will there be, and it does not be desirable to repeat the error, committed in Switzerland.
Thanks.
Alexander

Dear Alex,

A year ago you asked this question, and I belatedly replied I did not know of any Lippmanns in Israel. Did you find any???

Yours,
Bill
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

walschuler wrote:by Sogokon'A on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Thanks.
Alexander

Dear Alex,

A year ago you asked this question, and I belatedly replied I did not know of any Lippmanns in Israel. Did you find any???

Yours,
Bill
Sorry, sorry, sorry, Bill! Have not looked here. No, unfortunately, not found.
And what the museums of Vienna and Paris have a Lippmann photo?
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Hi, Alex,

In Vienna, the famous school the Graphische Lehr und Versuchsanstalt has Lippmanns by Eduard Valenta. When I saw them, a number of years ago, there were quite a few but almost none of high quality. Most seemed to be tests that failed in one way or another. This is puzzling because he was a superb photographer, was Eder's successor as leader of the school, and published a book that went through more than one edition about the Lippmann process. It is possible that I did not see all of them, and that since I visited more have been discovered, as the collection was largely uncatalogued at the time. The school has one of the largest collections of photographic and printing images and equipment that I have seen anywhere.

In Paris, look at the collections of the Societe Francaise de Photographie, the Musee de Photographie in Bievre (a suburb), and prof. Pierre Ranson (physics) at the University de Paris VI, the Pierre et Marie Curie campus. He has charge of the largest block of images still at the university. Also go to the Palais de la Decouvert museum, which has some images on loan from Ranson's collection, as well as its own group of images. The latter include some of Lippmann's images of line spectra and also various images of optical phenomena, which I consider to be among his earliest images, though almost none of his images anywhere are dated. They also hold a Lippmann solar spectrum by the Lumieres, about 15cm long, and a couple of plateholders made for the Lippmann process.

If you go, use my name to get in and have fun!! When are you thinking of going??

Bill
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Thank you very much, Bill!

I shall be absent from 30.05 till 07.06.09.
My route - Lvov, Prague, a Würzburg, Rotenburg, Paris, Versailles, Munich, the Vein, Lvov.
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Alex-
You know the National Technical Museum in Prague has a few Lippmann images by Neuhauss, right???

If you find any others on your trip please let me know. I have looked hard but there is always the possibility I missed some, and you are traveling a number of places I have not visited. If you find any, I would appreciate it if you can describe them as to dimensions, author if known, subject, sketch or photo, date if known (very few by Lippmann were dated; all of Neuhauss' were dated), comments on quality, damage or problems.

Have fun!

Bill
Sogokon'A

Museums in Israel

Post by Sogokon'A »

Thanks, Bill! OK, I shall do the utmost

Several days ago on a Russian-speaking part of a forum it is published Lippmann photo from the Polytechnical museum in Moscow. It is image by Neuhaus 1901.
http://holographyforum.org/phpBB2/viewt ... =22&t=6756
walschuler

Museums in Israel

Post by walschuler »

Alex---

Super! One is a solar spectrum and the other is the front of Neuhauss' home in Berlin. I recognize it because there is another of the house in the Preus Fotomuseum near Oslo, Norway. I sure wish I undersood Russian.

More questions: Are these images held by the museum you mentioned? Do they have others? When were they acquired? From whom? If you want to connect me to someone at the museum, that would be fine as long as that person can deal with me in English. Who are all the people in the photos? Are you one of them? And what are the interesting color images of light sources? Someone's Lippmann type images of LEDs? What sorts of tests are going on there?

I guess I will have to start scanning the russian site too...can you show me the russian spelling of Lippmann??

Bill