2006 contest voting is now Closed. Please read

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

MichaelH wrote:
dave battin wrote:I’m no expert here, but doesn’t that give the guy with the most votes an unfair advantage?
I think that's normally called "winning".

not really if you are counting points ,only as you said you may decide to do.......
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Current scoring comes out with the following three still on top:

1 - Inaki, clear lead with 108 points

2 - TomB, trailing by a length with 84 points

3 - DaveB, close behind with 71 points.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Alright ladies and gentlemen, the final scores are as follows:

Name, # votes, score

Inaki, 25, 111

Tom, 23, 91

Dave B, 21, 83

Michael H, 22, 74

Tony, 21, 68

TEM00, 22, 67

Andres, 21, 67

Lutz, 19, 56

DJ, 22, 55

And the winners are: drumroll please...

Inaki - First place

Tom - Second place

Dave B - Third place

The final tally was taken at 05:00 -6GMT, all results are final.

Thank you everyone for entering, I'll now be working with the sponsors to get the prizes to the winners.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Thank you Michael for all of your work!

I want to thank all of the enterants and comend them all on their work.
inaki

Post by inaki »

I would just like to say a BIG thank you to all those who voted, I am thoroughly pleased to have won first place in the Holography Contest! I would also like to say how great I thought all of the other images were. Everyone did a brilliant job, from the contestants to the organisers to the voters, and of course the prize donors!

Without wishing to complicate things too much I would like to put forward the following suggestion. As I am UK based and actually at this time have a reasonable supply of chemistry and materials, I think it would be a great idea if second place gets the $100 vouchers, 3rd place the $50 vouchers and 4th place the $25 vouchers. I hope this meets with everyone’s approval.

I am very much looking forward to receiving the other prizes! The holograms look fantastic, especially as I am a very keen collector of holograms and anything to do with holography. The proceedings from Kaveh which I have seen already, is a fabulous publication, with absolutely the latest information on display and creative holography. And of course the prize from Mr Frank DeFreitas, which sounds really fascinating, especially for anyone like me, with an interest in the history of holography.

Finally, I would like to offer my image of ‘Gromit’ as part of next year’s first prize for the 2007 contest. It is a very rare hologram, only a handful were produced, and the image was never sold. So, all I need to do now is find the masters, easier said than done! Well, at least I have 12 months to do it, should just about manage!

MANY THANKS again to everyone who participated.

(Due to family commitments I will be away now for possibly a few weeks. I will answer any questions and feedback upon my return. Apologies in advance.)
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Inaki, that's very kind of you to give up a portion of your prize to the next person.

I have no objections to pushing the voucher prizes down a level (and it's not because I'd then get a 4th place that didn't exist before). Tom and Dave, do either of you have an objection to taking the 1st and 2nd place voucher prizes respectively?
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

MichaelH wrote: Tom and Dave, do either of you have an objection to taking the 1st and 2nd place voucher prizes respectively?

i will gladly accept this offer, and i would like to thank everyone involved.... and i cant wait until next year to get my hands on that Grommet hologram! :lol:

Seriously, thank you inaki......... and congratulations!
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

It's OK with me. Congratulations to all!
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Great. I'll be packaging up the 4th of July and Marilyn holograms tonight and will notify the other sponsors today.

Great job everyone!