2007 holography contest .......

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Yes, much thought. I will have the anouncement of the beginning of the contest for October first including the rules. The entry deadling will be in November but I don't have a data yet. Once I have the entries I will photograph them and put together a page of photos while the judging goes on.

I am looking for prizes. However I am only going to allow one proze for each place in each catagory. 6 prizes total. Michael, I could use any help you can provide in this area. Especially the three prizes for the large format competition. Also, after the competition I am hoping you will be willing to archive the images and results.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

sent you an email
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Colin Kaminski wrote:I am looking for prizes. However I am only going to allow one proze for each place in each catagory. 6 prizes total. Michael, I could use any help you can provide in this area. Especially the three prizes for the large format competition. Also, after the competition I am hoping you will be willing to archive the images and results.
inaki wrote: I would like to offer my image of ‘Gromit’ as part of next year’s first prize for the 2007 contest. It is a very rare hologram, only a handful were produced, and the image was never sold. So, all I need to do now is find the masters, easier said than done! Well, at least I have 12 months to do it, should just about manage!

is this going to be one of this years prizes? :lol:
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

You can add one copy of the proceedings of ISDH 06 holography conference.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Kaveh wrote:You can add one copy of the proceedings of ISDH 06 holography conference.

Thank you!
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Man, why do I always have to be the thorn..... :wink:

Ok, just some friendly input here. And belive me, I am totally gratious to anyone that has donated something for the prizes.

But....

If the first prize is something that a few potential entrants have, then it may not be much of a motivation to enter the contest, expecially since it has been stated that only one prize per winner will be awarded.

2ndly...... Evenyone in holography needs something, and the somethign everyone needs is different. What's the one common thing we can all use to help aquire what we need......yup, unfortunately money.

So here is my thorny suggestion. Have everyone entering the contest pay $5 or $10. And accept not only the gift donations as presented already but accept monitary donations as well. I for one don't have anything to offer but will put in $50 toward the pot. Then after it is figured which place gets which materialistic prize, generate a %-age number for the money. Ie, first place gets 50%, second gets 35% and third gets 15%. It may allow the person a little help in aquiring that item he/she has been putting off in buying.

Just my thoughts.
inaki

Post by inaki »

Sorry, I've been out of touch for a while. I have just been informed of this years contest. And yes I will stick to my word (especially as its in writing!), I will offer a copy of Gromit as a prize, if it is decided to part of the contest awards (?). I haven’t made the copy yet but I guess I’ve still got a month or so?

Cheers,
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Good to hear from you inaki! Looking forward to seeing this year’s competition. Will you be entering again this year?

I just saw Pearl, and she had nice things to say about you! :lol:

i like johns idea of the monitary prize as well ,ill include a $50 check along

with my hologram entry (if you accept his idea)
inaki

Post by inaki »

That sounds like a great idea. I suppose the more that is offered for the prizes be it monetary or otherwise the better. I won't be entering the competition this as I'm a little pushed for time, especially now I've got to shoot Gromit again! lol.

Roughly when does it have to be done by, I mean when does the competiton end?

Cheers,
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

inaki wrote:I'm a little pushed for time, especially now I've got to shoot Gromit again! lol.

Inaki, don't go too crazy trying to shoot the "Gromit"i'm sure whatever hologram you would/could donate to the cause would be great !