2007 holography contest .......

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

this is good news to read! can we take a quick tally on who would/could enter this year?

i'm in ...........
Last edited by dave battin on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Not sure that many other people are following this thread - I just happened to notice a recent post here. Though I've been suffering a profound lack of inspiration lately, I will try to come up with an entry for the contest when it is announced.
Jem

Post by Jem »

If I get my fiber optics setup ready in time i'll give it a go :)

That is providing that you accept entries from the UK :wink:

I can't promise that my hologram will be up to much, but hey, it'll be fun trying :lol:

Cheers

Jem
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Colin Kaminski wrote:Each hologram must be made to a theme which will be announced at the beginning of the contest. This should make sure that all holograms are created specifically for the contest.

are there any areas here open to discussion or has it been decided already? :shock:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

No, it has not been decided. I have always liked the themes for Burning Man and am thinking along those lines. That way there is more creativity than simply picking an object.

http://www.burningman.com/

They have done "the future", "the psyche", "time", "beyond belief" and "vault of heaven" among others.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

This is one of my favorites entitled "Dreamer":

dave battin

Post by dave battin »

yes the idea of using abstract terms will allow more artistic freedom. it seems there are very few holographers interested in this years contest ............ :cry:
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

That has been the case in previous years as well. That is why I have been dragging my feet. I hope to contact some non-forum members personally to see if I can generate some more interest.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Most will wait on the fence until the rules are announced and they know what to aim for.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Anything happening on the contest front?