2007 Holography Contest is Open!

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I did not get to it last night but here is the announcement!

The theme is, drum roll, "Friends". I thought we would start with an easy one.

Rules,

1. All entrants need to send me a hologram by 11/15/07.
2. There are two categories. One is 4"x5" and under. The other is larger than 4"x5".
3. Every effort will be made to protect the holograms but the responsibility of insurance on the holograms lies with the entrant! (These holograms will be shipped to England for part of the judging so pack them well.)
4. All holograms will be returned to the entrant unless otherwise specified by the entrant.
5. There will be three Judges.
6. The Judging will be on a 100 point scale as follows:

Technical:
Processing: 10 points
Brightness: 10 points
Mounting: 10 points
Difficulty: 10 points

Artistic:
Composition: 20 points
True to Theme: 20 points

Overall:
Overall impression 20 points

7. The decisions of the Judges are final.
8. Prizes to be announced.
9. Entrants need not be a member of the Holography Forum.
10. All entries must be mailed to me, for my address email colin at holography forum dot org. All entries must include:

Hologram Title
Entrants Complete Name
Entrants Complete Address
Entrants Phone Number
Any information or processing detail that can be shared.

11. All entrants agree to allow the use of a photo of the hologram for the on-line contest gallery.
12. The winners agree to allow the Holography Forum to use an image of the Hologram as Advertising.
13. The 1st place winners agree to donate a hologram to the winner of next years contest.

I think that is everything but I may need to amend the rules.

Good Luck!
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) I should probably wait until next year when I have better equipment but what the jitterbug. My first year might as well be artistic and fun. Next year I will be a force to be dealt with. :-)

Besides, after all the times I've heard the phrase, "Let's just be friends" I am probably an expert in the theme.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Just to make absolutely sure, is Nov 15 a postmarked-by date or a received by you date?
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Post mark is all I require.
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) I am getting all my materials together. Any suggestions on mounting in order to maximize those ten points? Thanks in advance.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

yes, i too am ready to start shooting. cleaned the lab up this weekend and now all is needed is my images ......

David have you figured you object ?

as far as mounting pointers ,all i can say is keep it clean looking !
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I expect most people will be using frames. However the ambitious might want to review Augie Muller's work! :twisted:
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

Thanks. I am going to make my object out of clay. It's anthropomorphic on its take on "friends". Nothing complicated of course. I hope after the film is developed it will look out of this world.
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) So far everything is going well. I found distilled water for the JD-2 chemistry, but the grocery store only had it in a 2.5 gallon container. Hauling it five blocks to the bus stop gave me a new found respect for molar mass. :-) :lol:

Starting tomorrow night I'll make five attempts each night. Pessimistically, I'll have something to submit by the beginning of next week.

I am still on the quest for a good frame. Maybe I'll recycle the reject attempts and fashion the film into a frame...
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok so now we're on our way to producing these lovely holograms ,i would like to ask about how they will be viewed? will they be desk or wall viewed ? hand held will work for some holograms ,but not all should be viewed this way. can you tell us?