The first hologram is here!

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The first entry is here! I can't wait for the others. I will wait to olpen them till they have all arieved.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

this is great news colin. do you have any idea how many will enter? im all done on my end,and ill be sending my two holograms (small and large),out this monday .
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I can't wait to see the entries!

GoooooOOOOOOO HOLOGRAPHERS!!!
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) Except for maybe a holographer or two in line at the post office right now near the west U.S. coast I guess the submission part of the contest is pretty much over. Looking back at several of my mistakes I think one of my biggest mistakes was that I should have made a few attempts at a transmission hologram. I began with this great vision in my head that it would be beautiful as a reflection hologram and after about ten attempts I was basically married to the idea of reflection holography.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

JohnFP wrote:I can't wait to see the entries!

GoooooOOOOOOO HOLOGRAPHERS!!!

john did you submit one as well?

Dr.O yes you are correct, holography is a total learning curve, and for me is a lifelong curve learning thru-out.
by having your presents at the forum contest will inspire others to possibly join in next year.............
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

All of the holograms are in! I will start on the judging this weekend. I opened the packages and made sure all of the holograms survived and they all did.

Please feel free to post photos of your work if you are an entrant. I know Dave was worried about it, but, it is the hologram and not the picure that will be judged.

Danny Bee entered a hologram and since he can't post I will provide a link to his website showing the hologram and the methods used to make it.

http://www.martymouse.net/happyfeet
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok my two pictures are now loaded into the gallery, thanks for the post.

colin can you tell us more about the rest of the entries?
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

There are 6 entries. 5 small and 1 large. I will post more detalis after the judging.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Colin Kaminski wrote:There are 6 entries. 5 small and 1 large. I will post more detalis after the judging.
Correction: 7 entries, 5 small and 2 large.