The Judging has Finished!

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Congrads Dave, Tom and Mr. TEM00.
I look for to the video Dave
Look forward to seeing the photos
Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to Dave for his wonderful DCG work and to TEM00 too. I'll put up my own lovingly
optimized pic of my entry eventually, (when it gets back) but I hope we can see pics of all entries taken by
the official contest photographer beforehand. Is that expected to happen? I will understand if there were
technical difficulties with this aspect of the contest.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Tom B. wrote:Woo Hoo! Congratulations to Dave for his wonderful DCG work and to TEM00 too. I'll put up my own lovingly
optimized pic of my entry eventually, (when it gets back) but I hope we can see pics of all entries taken by
the official contest photographer beforehand. Is that expected to happen? I will understand if there were
technical difficulties with this aspect of the contest.

The "official photographer" is me with a guick digital pic so we have a recored of the entries. The holograms that photograph the best are very different than the winning order! I am trying to get to it tonight or tomorrow. I am not shooting to get the full aspect of the hologram or to point out any flaws, just to make sure we can remember what holograms were entered.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Colin Kaminski wrote:The "official photographer" is me with a guick digital pic so we have a recored of the entries. The holograms that photograph the best are very different than the winning order! I am trying to get to it tonight or tomorrow. I am not shooting to get the full aspect of the hologram or to point out any flaws, just to make sure we can remember what holograms were entered.
was there a mention of using these pictures in an "on line contest gallery"? if this is to much of a chore we could supply our own picture to you colin.just a thought to make it a little easier on your end ....
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

dave battin wrote:
Colin Kaminski wrote:The "official photographer" is me with a quick digital pic so we have a recored of the entries. The holograms that photograph the best are very different than the winning order! I am trying to get to it tonight or tomorrow. I am not shooting to get the full aspect of the hologram or to point out any flaws, just to make sure we can remember what holograms were entered.
was there a mention of using these pictures in an "on line contest gallery"? if this is to much of a chore we could supply our own picture to you colin.just a thought to make it a little easier on your end ....
It is important to me to have a record of the holograms. I am not capable of showing the best of each hologram. I am capable of documenting the notes but I don't think that is productive. I think the notes will stand on their own. I also think the snap shots will show what image the holgrapher was trying to portray which will show how close the image is to the "friends" theme.
Tem00

Post by Tem00 »

We are sorry that we have not given any comments to the 2007 holography contest yet.

It was a great pleasure to find out that our hologram ended up in the third place.

We would like to thank all other participants in the contest and the judges for a great job!

The hologram arrived yesterday and we are really looking forward to get the comments about the hologram Collin mentioned in earlier posts in this thread.

After we made the hologram for the contest we have tried to use the TJ-1 developer as described in the wiki and it is a huge improvement from the chemistry used before!

Unfortunately we have run out of PFG-01 plates and we are now looking for new plates. Is PFG-01 still a good choice or are there anything better to try when using HeNe?
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

PFG-01 is inexpensive and easy to use. I use it often to experiment. BB-640 and Ultimate are very high quality. I will compile the notes and email them.