2008 Holography Contest?

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Colin Kaminski

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, I learned a great deal from last years contest about the administration of the whole thing. However the question remains, is any interested in having a contest this year?

I don't think we have enough entries to make two catagories. Thoughts?
Tom B.

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Tom B. »

I think the last contest had 2 categories: 4X5" and under and anything above. It would be simpler to just drop the big category which is not easily available to amateurs anyway. I could, however see distinguishing between store bought and home-made films, since last year my lovely and powerful hologram made with BB-plates lost to Dave's glitzy and superficially attractive DCG image :)

But seriously last year there were way too few serious entries for a meaningful contest and unless we can raise the participation rate it's not worth doing.
dave battin

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by dave battin »

Tom B. wrote:But seriously last year there were way too few serious entries for a meaningful contest and unless we can raise the participation rate it's not worth doing.
yes tom i totally agree with you! i was sad to see such a small turnout last year. i would like to see a catagory of 5mw or less to possibly help encourage new holographers to get involved ..................
Dutchelm05

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Dutchelm05 »

I am planning to submit something this year.
I think it is a worth wide thing to do :)
Danny Bee

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Danny Bee »

dave battin wrote:
Tom B. wrote:But seriously last year there were way too few serious entries for a meaningful contest and unless we can raise the participation rate it's not worth doing.
yes tom i totally agree with you! i was sad to see such a small turnout last year. i would like to see a catagory of 5mw or less to possibly help encourage new holographers to get involved ..................
Dave is ther still a way to get the Holograms Displayed at the holo Center ther in NewYork i think that would be a great boost for holography, and get one of the juges to be Frank DeFreitas that would be so cool
dave battin

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by dave battin »

Danny Bee wrote:Dave is ther still a way to get the Holograms Displayed at the holo Center ther in NewYork i think that would be a great boost for holography, and get one of the juges to be Frank DeFreitas that would be so cool
yes I'm sure the the nice folks over at the holocenter would be happy to host a showing of forum/contest holograms.Theres couple of local "big wig" art holographers that would/could judge them as well if needed ............

one catch here is we need enough holograms to warrent a "showing".
Colin Kaminski

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I think we would need 15 entries. I will enter one. Whe else?
Seventh Son

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Seventh Son »

Count me in!

You should choose a theme for the contest. It would be fun to see everyone's artistic interpretations.
Last edited by Seventh Son on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave battin

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by dave battin »

i wasn’t going to participate in this years contest, but if needed to make the number, you can count me in !
JohnFP

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by JohnFP »

I will try my best to get one in.