2008 Holography Contest is now open !

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have wanted to include a tutorial on making laser pointer holograms in the holowiki and I need to take the photos anyway so I may as well shoot the hologram. It never seemed to make sense to shoot the photos of a laser pointer on my 40"x80" honeycomb table. This gives me a chance to do both things and perhaps leave a trail for those just beginning. I guess the advantage I have is I have a lot more than 10 plates. :wink:
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Ok i still need to make an announcement (or two), as I’m waiting to hear about a couple more prizes. The deadline to be postmarked is December 1st so the time is running short. i will be contacting the last donators today so we can get this thing going!

so please stand by .................
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Ok here the latest update on this years contest. I, was waiting to see if a couple more possible prizes were going to be made, (let’s just call them “bonus donations” for now).

The judging/ critique will happen during the week before the new year, helping me to judge/critique will be Doris Vila .http://www.vilamedia.com/gallery_one.html

All entries will receive a prize just for entering. The first, second and third place winners will have there pick of the prizes (in there order of tallied numbers)

All entries are encouraged to add a small blog along with submissions, as of today I have this grouping of holograms to be shown at our local library’s gallery. As far as I tell they will be displayed in “early 2009” which sounds just about correct timing for us. The emphasis on this display, will be towards what can be archived by amateur/novice holographers, and how new opportunities are developing daily.

ckeck link below for all the details, time is getting short ! Dont forget all submissions need to be post marked by december first. good luck!

dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Ok that’s it! The postmark of December 1st. has now come and gone. Now meaning all your holograms are in route to me! I’m excited about this year’s collection as I’m starting to see them arrive at my doorstep. You can now assume they (the contest holograms) will be up and posted around the second week of December. I want to thank every one who has taken the time and effort to make this annual contest a success .this year ill be involved in the judging so naturally i cant enter any hologram , but you can be sure ill be “in” for next years competition ............

good luck to all entrants!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok sorry for the sight delay, my digital camera died last week, so santa was nice enought to have brought us another one! the images are being sent as i write this. if all goes well they should all be up in a day or two........stand by!