2008 holography contest holograms are ready to view!

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Ok let me start off by saying what a great honor it has been to act as chairman for the years contest! a delay in the judging has occurred due to inclement weather fouling things up a little, so rather than hold thing up on the judging we will present the entrants;

JOHN KLAYER has submitted a laser transmission 4x5 hologram of "little guy" a really neat hologram with mega depth! Really cool! Shot using the good old 315 coherent laser.

DANNY BRUZA has submitted two 4x5 holograms one reflection hologram picturing an exotic oyster with an amazingly bright pearl emanating light from its center, hence "natures pearl". Danny’s other hologram is a self contained white light transmission "nature's light"
Depicting the Aurora Borealis, and these heavenly lights show colors and movements just like the real Aurora Borealis !

TONY COLEMAN has submitted a huge (10 x12) DCG reflection hologram. gold in color with a brightness almost to bright to photograph! Multi-exposed showing a projected nautilus shell in the center, and sharply imaged shells in the background, with a wide field of view only achievable thru Denisyuk configuration.

BOB HESS has submitted a wonderful and clever hologram including its own light source. this hologram consists of a huge crack in his garage loaded with all kind of artifacts, from pistachio shells and even a spider can be seen suspended in it web in the upper right corner! To view these many mini-artifacts, Bob has also included a big magnifier to make things easier to see

Following will be a quick video of these great holograms, to hopefully satisfy your curiosity. I am a little sad to see such a small Amount of holograms submitted with all the great holographers we have on this forum, maybe this years contest might be just enough to convince a few more holographers to get involved next year..............

Photos and info on these fantastic can now be found thru the contest link (look in the 2008 submit link).
Danny Bee wrote:Image

Judging will occur soon and results will be posted ASAP! Thanks for your patients

I am looking forward to your comments about Great holograms !
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

dave battin wrote: Photos and info on these fantastic holograms can now be found thru the contest link (look in the 2008 submit link).
sorry thats the link "2008 entrants"link , or click here,

http://www.holographersgallery.org/html ... tries.html

Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Nice work Dave and Danny!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Here’s the latest on this wonderful collection of holograms, the judging was held off a little to coincide a little better to its public display time frame. the collection will be on display at the local public library’s lower gallery section. in an effort to fill in the space better ill also be including last years winning hologram as well (now at least is six hologram to see),do to the timing issues they allowed us to use there large vertical display case, its 48"w x72"h x18"d. ill probably will remove the shelves all together.Bob H's hologram will be allowed to stand on a pillar directlly next to the case.

Then set all holos at different heights (also ill block off the lower area of the case and put light sources there).....

This is the blurb i put in this months library news letter.

“Come and explore the wonder of holography! This month the ENPL will be displaying holograms, submitted by amateur holographers from around the country. Help judge which hologram you think is this years best!”

After i get the display set up ill call in the local press to take a few pictures along w/story...

It will be a better environment to view these holograms (gallery setting), so the official judging will be made there/at that time.

I know it’s been a good long delay, but in the long run it will be better for "us" (the forum), and for "it", (holography)!" it will be good for all of us.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Your still ahead of my last year's timing. ;) Thank you for your efforts!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok so here's the latest, the contest is now on display, i have met with the local press and it sounds like she will write us a nice hologram story. i brought along my smallest assistant to make sure all holograms were viewable from the best angles........
adelaide and me at the 2008 holography contest display
adelaide and me at the 2008 holography contest display
display5.JPG (54.04 KiB) Viewed 9528 times
i still have some graphics to add to the case and a ballot box on a pedestal. I was very glad to see the step stool was still in front of the case ......

i think the press release will be next week but i forgot to ask the reporter. i was very pleased with the outcome, i disabled a couple of ceiling lights to dim things up a bit!
BobH

Post by BobH »

That looks great, Dave! :D :D :D Takes a lot of work to put together a display like that, and I thank you for your over-the-top efforts on it.
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

Wow! Thank you for all the work you put into this Dave. It looks really great.
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Yes Dave, these are the kind of great things that promote holography, thank you!
Cute kid by the way :)
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Excellent job Dave. Simply Excellent!!!