the judging has FINALLY finished!

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Congratulations!

The 2008holographyforum voting is complete

First off I want to thank everyone who was involved in this yeas contest. I wasn’t until I actually had to start judging these holograms that I realized how difficult this would become. I asked Doris early on 2008 if she would help critique and she agreed, later in discussion Doris mentioned how “Bob Hess is one of her favorite holographer’s” it was then I knew, I was on my own to judge, these beautiful holograms, so I was able to get them in front of many eager eyes allow them to cast their vote, and if lucky might win a nice Polaroid hologram, I propose this holography contest should have a largest viewing audience as possible and to always have a public viewing/voting as part of the process…..

Ok that said

First place winner John klayer “Little Guy”

Second place winner Tony Coleman “Shell Shocked”

Third place winner Bob Hess “Concrete Canyon”

Peoples choice award Danny Bruza “Natures Pearl”

In my eyes these holograms are ALL first place winners!

As stated above the difficulty in having to judge one another’s holograms (as TomB has said many time before), better to critique? Possibly thru PM from real-time online viewers? Any way the possibilities are endless. I much liked the “feedback” written on the ballots, from the public’s eye. And I will express that shortly. Now its time to divide up the prizes, I am currently making a “forever friends” to all that were involved ,Jeffery Weil has also kicked in a large DuPont hologram for each one of us ! Now I can wait to see what happens in next years contest! THANK YOU ALL IT WAS A GREAT HONOR FOR ME!
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Congratulations John it was a beautiful hologram, well deserved. I guess there is only one Smilie to discribe how I felt about it :drool:

Thanks Dave for putting on the contest, I know you put it a lot of work in to it and I for one appreciate your efforts.
I hope we can do this again next (this) year with more contest entries.

And of coarse many thanks for this forum!

Peace,
Tony
BobH

Post by BobH »

Yes, congratulations to John! I'd love to see the hologram.
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

Wow! I won?
You other guys did really good ones.
Thank you Dave for all your hard work.